2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

thanks for the link but that blew my mind and i dont think i could ever figure that out lol

Basically it breaks down like this:

285's with 4.10 gears would be like driving stock tires with 3.73 gears
285's with 4.56 gears would be like driving stock tires with 4.10 gears

So basically with the 4.56 you would have higher RPMs over stock and definitely higher than you have now with the 285s....lots better acceleration and hill climbing power too.

On the highway 285's with 4.56s you'd be turning about 2150 RPM at 65 MPH.....not bad at all...especially since the SOHC likes to be revved.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Basically it breaks down like this:

285's with 4.10 gears would be like driving stock tires with 3.73 gears
285's with 4.56 gears would be like driving stock tires with 4.10 gears

So basically with the 4.56 you would have higher RPMs over stock and definitely higher than you have now with the 285s....lots better acceleration and hill climbing power too.

On the highway 285's with 4.56s you'd be turning about 2150 RPM at 65 MPH.....not bad at all...especially since the SOHC likes to be revved.

oh, lol thanks for the clarification.
yeah, well im prob going into the 4.56s then, gotta save a few bills and find someone to do the install. Ill keep everyone posted

aa8fc2aa.jpg

had some fun out in redsands el paso, tx nothing major/hardcore but always fun

That's a great photo!!!!!

That is an epic photo! Winning!

I did a insane hill climb yesterday.. lotta mud, prob gonna do it again today. Will take pics

Did you make it home with those pic's mate?:popcorn:

haha "make it home?" lol thats funny lynchy

Just wondering, 'cause N's post was at 0906:D

No, lol sorry guys. Didn't have the opportunity. Had praticaly no gas when I got home. Gonna try again tomoro.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool cool amigo, just glad you're not stranded out in the bush somewhere!

Hah thanks, yeah I need to get me some gas cans on the roof like millertime. That's a great idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

went out for a cruise today
061.jpg

063.jpg

066.jpg

068.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

Sorry i couldn't get any "in action" shots as I went alone on this one

Excellent shot's, look's like a hell of alot of fun. I tend to only go out on my lonesome too and try as I might, I can't seem to teach me dog to operate the camera!

if you want your dog to operate your camera try teaching him to get beers outta the fridge first... baby steps lynchy he'll learn eventually! hahaha

Hahahahaha :D:D:D:thumbsup:

Can't wait for the first 2011 Ex to appear in this thread :)

a5872648.jpg

Damn independent suspension

a5872648.jpg

Damn independent suspension

You gotta love that Independent suspension! :D :thumbsup: 3-wheel drive is it's specialty. That's why I might go for something called a Jeep Cherokee :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back