Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

We are not going to make it. My brothers wedding is on the 21st in the Grand Canyon State. We will make it out there one day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still hoping that I'll be able to make it out there at least on Saturday-Sunday morning. Not sure about being Dora out this time though, needs a bit of work and I have no time to do anything between now and then, also out of AAA tows for the year so I wouldn't want to risk it... however, I have connections and might possible rent a 2016-17 5th gen with the AWD terrain management system. That should be fun to put through its paces out there. Definitely won't be crawling but it'd be interesting.

The ground clearance sucks on the newer explorers. I have to jack the nose up on my '16 to get under it to change oil. Even our old '06 I could just crawl under with out jacking.

If I remember that road to the new campsite correctly, it's a pretty tame road...no worse than the road to the camp by the wash.

Steve, you might have to stop by the dinosaurs in Cabazon for new pics. They got a new paint job recently:thumbsup:

13654166_1359444020750227_7288484136152913110_n.jpg

The ground clearance sucks on the newer explorers. I have to jack the nose up on my '16 to get under it to change oil. Even our old '06 I could just crawl under with out jacking.
Removing the lower air dam should make a bit of difference I would hope. Would be more Range Rover-ish

For a 20th anniversary run, I think it would be kinda cool to see how far the Explorer has come (or gone) in 25 years.

Removing the lower air dam should make a bit of difference I would hope. Would be more Range Rover-ish

Meh..lower air damage is flexable rubber, no need to remove. Catch it on driveways and curb stoppers more then my ST is seems like.:rolleyes:

Meh..lower air damage is flexable rubber, no need to remove. Catch it on driveways and curb stoppers more then my ST is seems like.:rolleyes:
The only reason I would remove it so that when I return the rental, it doesn't look like it was trying to go off road.

The only reason I would remove it so that when I return the rental, it doesn't look like it was trying to go off road.
I'd worry more about the rockers your going to destroy with no frame for protection

I really wish I could make out there, but by that time I will still be unpacking in our new place and it is a 780 mile drive to truck haven I am going to miss these outings. I would like thank every one for the great times I had there and Rick for having the runs my new home will be in Nampa Idaho Thanks for the memories.

Hopefully you will be able to join us another time David. Enjoy your new place:chug:

I really wish I could make out there, but by that time I will still be unpacking in our new place and it is a 780 mile drive to truck haven I am going to miss these outings. I would like thank every one for the great times I had there and Rick for having the runs my new home will be in Nampa Idaho Thanks for the memories.

we're gonna miss you Dave

At this time, it appears to be impossible for me to make this. Between travel for work, having to actually be present for power outage on Saturday (to check if the work is correct), and no time to prep.

Count me out unless a miracle happens..

At this time, it appears to be impossible for me to make this. Between travel for work, having to actually be present for power outage on Saturday (to check if the work is correct), and no time to prep.

Count me out unless a miracle happens..

Boooo! Plan B: , start to prep the jeep for next summer and the master trail 3hrs east of you. Meanwhile I'm going dig up a front locker and some better belly protection. ;)

I was going to bash Tom about not making an effort to come out, then I remembered I have only been driving to runs less than two hours away for the past several years.

We did get up to the Rubicon on Labor day weekend. We made it to Wentworth Springs, and almost to the campground before turning around getting back home (really late).

The JKUR has a bad spare tire also, so that's at least $250 to replace. Bleah.

So anyone going to the off-road show this weekend. I guess I'm committed to going now :rolleyes:

20160925_125720.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sold the RV yesterday. I have my parents RV now, its the ivory Dolphin. I will park the Explorer in a conspicuous location to make locating the spot easier. I will get a picture of the new RV and post it after this weekend.

Back