When you're stronger than the wrench. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When you're stronger than the wrench.

Jack, Heat that RA nut with a blowtorch, pb blaster it, and tap it with a hammer.. Always worked for me.

and as far as tools go, I have never broken a Craftsman tool, but I have busted some Chinese tools. I don't buy the chinese tools anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive snapped a snap-on socket :smoke:
In the auto shop at the hs trying to get a brake caliper off my truck (i think it was the first tim i had it off, when i was changing the rotors)

Yeah I have broken my share of Snap-On stuff too.
They also have a life time warrenty.
Just you have to wait till what ever day you are his scheduled stop.

ive broken a few craftsman wrenches and sockets, but ive never broken any of my trust husky tools. theyre quality and more readily available than snap-on

I break them all... Latest one is my BRAND NEW Snap On 1/2" ratchet. I stripped out the pawl inside the ratchet trying to get the body mount bolts out of the Ex before Moab. Needs a rebuild kit. Earlier this year I shattererd a Snap On 1/2 breaker bar (without a pipe!). Didn't think that was even possible! I have seen that baby bend into a half-moon shape and it usually just twists off whatever it is attched to, this time the head exploded (and I mean exploded!). It shot chuncks for 30 feet when it went.

I have broken sockets from every brand under the sun. I just return them. BTW, virtually every tool now has a lifetime warranty - even those from Wally world and Harbor Freight. I got a gear puller from Harbor freight. Totally twisted it inside out trying to get the sleeves off my Mitsubishi tranny. Took it back = no questions asked - just pick up another one. Bent that also - so its time for a third...

Maybe I'm just hard on tools, but on this forum I read so many posts about "how do you get this or that off?" You put a wrench on it and pull... ;)

pffftttt thats nothing, that sucker was begging to break since the day it was built.
I have moved on to a Snap on 1/2" drive with a 18" handle after breaking two crafstman 1/2" drives.....

The longer the lever (cheater pipe) the more tools you will break :)
There is no bolt I cannot get loose or drill out :) Its just a matter of patience and time and having the right tools.

Back