You meet the nicest people on explorerforum.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You meet the nicest people on explorerforum.com

Roadrunner777

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bemidji, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 4x4 Sport 88k
I have been frequenting a few other forums lately on different topics, and what I experienced really surprised me. There are some really rude and inconsiderate people out there in forumville. When I compare how new people are treated here compared to these other forums, I have to admire our treatment of newcomers and people with little to no technical experience.

So, I am posting this thread, and I know it will sink into the sunset rapidly, but I am posting this thread to thank the other regulars for making this forum a welcoming and well informed place for people who need help with their explorers.

I have, so far, received critical help on pretty much every system of my explorer. I started making a list here, but it got so long, I just have to say that I got help on pretty much everything. I found out what to expect, what to take on or leave alone, well, like that crazy socket you need for the front ABS sensor. Not knowing that up front could have stalled my hub rebuild by a week.

I estimate that this forum has saved me, conservatively, over $500 in parts and wasted time. If you have had similar experiences, then please do as I do and become an elite member, if you can.

And, thank you everyone, for making this the awesome forum it is.

Phil

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with you 100%! I have saved hundreds of dollars and MANY hours of work from the help I have gotten here. There are so many knowledgeable people who are eager to help others. The people on this forum are generally polite and patient in helping others resolve their issues, and everyone is welcomed with open arms. It really feels like an online "family" here! Thank you to all who have helped!

In total agreement. The money I have saved is immeasurable. Thanks to all who made me feel welcome and helped me with 94 Limited

roadrunner you have hit the nail on the head again !!! this forum is in a league of its own . thanks to all the members who make it that way !!! 20.00 a year is cheap & it is worth that & much more !!

I couldn't agree more! You guys have saved me a ton of headaches and money and provided great info. Not to mention, you're all a hell of a lot friendlier than other forums I've been to for my other vehicles. Experience didn't matter. If you were new and had a question, you'd have been better off talking to yourself, because you'd get no reply even if you demonstrated knowledge and sought advice. I witnessed someone being told "I have better things to do" when he simply asked for a line on parts (Toronado, not easy to find parts for in some places!). I wondered why they even had a forum at that point. And yes, still have the Toro. :)

Yes! I love this forum! I have learned so much through this forum and everybody was still so nice to help me even when I had pretty much no clue what I was talking about. lol I plan to get Elite after I start this job. Just now there is so much I should rather do with $20. Sounds horrible. I will give back!!! Thanks everyone!!

I have to agree with Phil, this is the nicest online community I have ever been a part of.

I would say the help of the people on here has saved me anywhere from $500 to $1,000 dollars in parts and wasted time. Granted I have more than that in my truck in parts, but just by not having to send it to a repair shop is nice.

I enjoy helping those on here, whether they use my advice or not, it is still rewarding to me showing/ explaining to someone where something is.

Yes the $20 a year is priceless to the amount of help and guidance I have received, and I just received major help not even a month ago. A very big thanks to Phil, and Mr. Shorty for that help.

Just for the great camaraderie, from now till December, I will be paying for one member's membership. That means that I will pay for 1 in August, 1 in September, 1 in October, 1 in November and 1 in December. I want you guys on who of our wannabees deserves it this Month

Thanks so much for the compliments on the site. Our main goal is to keep the forum environment friendly to all members, no matter if you own a stock, lifted, or lowered Explorer/Ranger.

We're lucky enough to own the one SUV that looks great no matter which style you chose for yourself.

I think our moderators do a great job of keeping order here, while still allowing the forum to be a fun place to post.

Just for the great camaraderie, from now till December, I will be paying for one member's membership. That means that I will pay for 1 in August, 1 in September, 1 in October, 1 in November and 1 in December. I want you guys on who of our wannabees deserves it this Month

That's a really nice gesture. Thank you:salute:

That's a really nice gesture. Thank you:salute:

I've saved tons of money not by switching to GEICO but by joining this forum. If some of the visitors are in hard times, i'll gladly help them. I love this forum.

Love this forum!

L.A.X. That was a very commendable thing to do !!! Things like that is what sets this forum apart from others . So a big ole thanks from Orange VA .
George

I agree with everything that has been said here. Great forum great people lots of know how thanks for all your help.

I agree also! This forum has saved me since I had my 02 sport. First car and I loved it to pieces (almost a little too literal) and now 5 years later I ran into a 94 xlt for $500. As I was in desperate need for a vehicle, and knowing how tough these trucks are, I jumped right on it. Granted it's been sitting for a few years but a few hours of elbow grease and and a few more browsing explorerforum.com. She has become a strong daily driver and a great work truck. Now in a few weeks, as a Christmas present to my self, I'll go Elite so I can show before and after pics. And believe me, it was in rough condition. Thanks again Explorerforum!!

It's a Great Place !

I came here for help quite a few years ago, and have found a superb community of very helpful people. I thought we might get rid of our Explorer but then my kids got the car bug and we started getting into the father and son projects. Some fine folks to have my boys around and learn from and we hope to contribute back.

It's great to have you back on the board Shamal:chug:

i came here for technical advise and to look at other Explorers a while ago,,
i never left,
since than, i have been to some meetings with various members , both near , and far,,
even bought a lift kit here that ended up being a meet of a bunch of guys from the midwest

I even attended the SMORR meet in Missouri , that was a blast, met a lot of nice people there,,

this place is about helping,, and i hope it continues for a long time,,

great site Rick,,

GET OUT OF HERE ALL OF YOU RIFF-RAFF! How dare you talk nice about this place!

Attachments

• 033102bebe_1_prv.gif
    033102bebe_1_prv.gif
    339 bytes · Views: 140

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This forum has helped me enjoy my 1994 Explorer so much more with all the pictures and specifics. I try to offer up help as I can as well. I'm a rookie but if peeps need a picture of something or anything, i'm glad to do what I can.

Thank you to the group.

Scott.

:exporange

Back