Zuki SOA Lift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zuki SOA Lift

How cute
It looks like a little remote control 4x4.
Looks great now all you have to do is get it dirty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Namitey
What youre not gonna park on top of the propane tank? the zookie is light it wouldnt crush it. yeah on second thought better not might roll it.. :D

Actually, I'm gonna attach the propane tank to the rear bumper and put a nozzle on it facing backwards. When I need a little more power, I'll light it off.......:confused:

Darwin Awards, Here I Come!!!! :D

That looks good all done ....... hope you'll go have some fun.............

PEACE

dang its to early:confused:

Originally posted by JDraper

Actually, I'm gonna attach the propane tank to the rear bumper and put a nozzle on it facing backwards. When I need a little more power, I'll light it off.......:confused:

LOL that sounds like something one of your nieghbors would do but im sure they wouldnt stop at one tank... :)

pppppprrrrrroooooppppppppaaaaannnnnneeeeeeeeee

u also want two of the big tanks by tonight right ??

haha

that looks like a lot of fun to have, i want one...anyone want to donate to my fund?

Actually Jeff your next mod on the zuki should be propane injection.. You're gonna need that thing to run upside down i know it. :D

Originally posted by Namitey
Actually Jeff your next mod on the zuki should be propane injection.. You're gonna need that thing to run upside down i know it. :D

Naaaah. JATO motor!!!!!

FINALLY! The machine shop finally got around to making the parts for my bumper. Here it is in kit form :D.

4156bumper1.jpg

After a little work with the welder and a couple of cans of paint.........

4156bumper2.jpg

4156bumper3.jpg

It's basically done "for now". The list of to do's is growing :rolleyes:. It needs a xfer case re-gear, rock sliders, new rear bumper, lockers, and a winch. All in good time.......

Very nice Jeff! Looks really good. You could probably just go up to your local Advance auto and buy a 2500lbs ATV winch for that thing!:p

Hey, Jeff What a fun toy.

where did you get those driveshaft externders.

Ryan

Driveshaft extenders were part of the lift kit, but can be bought separately. They came from Rocky Road Outfitters .

Josh, I am actually probably going to buy one of the 4500lb utility winches for the Sami. Truck only weigs 2000lbs, so it should work fine. Heckuva lot cheaper than a full size winch :D

Josh, I am actually probably going to buy one of the 4500lb utility winches for the Sami. Truck only weigs 2000lbs, so it should work fine. Heckuva lot cheaper than a full size winch :D[/COLOR]

Very true there! Those little winches will work great for that beast.

Dang, I missed this thread..

I guess that zuk is just a little brother to my zuk. :)

looking good though! I seriously thought about doing 31's, and simple stuff, just like your doing.

Originally posted by tdavis
Dang, I missed this thread..

I guess that zuk is just a little brother to my zuk. :)

looking good though! I seriously thought about doing 31's, and simple stuff, just like your doing.

Thanks Tom. This is the starting point. I'm probably gonna upgrade as I bust stuff. It has already impressed me with it's climbing capabilities. I have a shale pit up in the woods behind my house, and it easily went places that it, when stock, and my X couldn't dream of going. Biggest things I need now are a locker and a xfer case regear. If the motor ever decides to pack it in, I feel a vortec 4.3 coming on!!!!:D Of course, that would mean stronger axles, etc.

I feel a vortec 4.3 coming on.

WHAT???? No 4.0L OHV???? I'll donate mine;)

Looks great. I love the bumper very nice craftsmanship.

No big honking V6 for it.. seriously.

Just get the 1.6 16V EFI engine in there.

Jeff:

How is your sweet Zuki coming along? Any updates?
(If you ever want to sell it, let me know)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zuk's coming along nicely. Rock sliders were done about 3 weeks ago, and I just built a new rear bumper for it last weekend (no pix yet, but it's made from a 3" x 5" x 3/16" wall box tube), and I now have my locker and xfer case gears sitting at home waiting for the xfer case gear install kit to arrive. I'm re-gearing the xfer case 'cause it's easier and cheaper than doing the axles. It'll drop the Hi range about 17% and the low range 83%.

Had it out at Paragon a month ago and it did quite well for having open diffs. You can see some of the wheeling pix of it at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80004 .

Still planning on painting it sometime this summer, but got a lot of projects to do first. Probably paint it a Deep Metallic Purple with Dark Grey trim :D

Back