Performance Lighting | Page 345 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Lighting

Aftermarket lighting. Driving lights, fog lights, rock lights, HID, halogen. Make your Ford Explorer light up the night!!
Yesterday, I installed my first pair of lights on my new grille guard. It took me a little more time than they recommended, but my friend and I did the job pretty good job. I wouldn't have been able to do this without the information I found on this site, so thenks a bunch. -ken :us: :hammer: OSAMA :shoot:
For anyone that is interested, the KC Hilites 50 series fog and driving lights fit pretty nicely into the standard round openings in the bumper of the late model Explorers. I put a set in mine, and only had to drill one hole to mount them in the stock holes. No modification of the bumper was necessary. I don't have any pix yet, but if anyone wants to see them, I'll go take some.
ok guys heres my story: well i was out of town at advance auto parts and i got some LED light bulbs for my all clear tailights. well we went to a close restaurant and i popped them in in the parking lot. didnt really like the looks looked more like small red dot lol anyway i just put the old incandecant red bulbs back in and went in and later that day i pulled into the mall and i noticed my lights where odd looking. in the reflection from the stores big windows i noticed my head lights where different i turned the switch from headlights back to just the running lights...head lights where still on but no parking lights. well turn signals worked. odd i thought. i was in the store rather p'o ed at the situation. got back in the truck and...
I'm installing a sun visor with lights on my 01 explorer sport and am trying to find the best location to tap into the running lights to attach the five lights on the sun visor too. Looking at the wiring going straight to the lights I think it should be a brown wire but can't find a convenient location to connect to. Can someone tell me which wire and the best location would be to attach to? Thanks -Matt
I can't figure out if the plastic where the factory fog light switch would go is one piece or is it just a piece of plastic that is behind the trim that goes around the light switches and around the speedo. so If I were to take it off, i could add the switch there by taking the plastic out. Or would I have to cut it to install the factory fog switch. I changed the lights behind the speedo and what a pain in the butt. So before I go to the trouble of taking it off, I hope someone can understand what I'm trying to say and help me. Thanks
Back