• Register Today It's free!

Custom Tuned the XSport yesterday

Boostking

Reaction score
City, State
Central Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 BMW M3/2013 XSport
I put a mild 93 octane tune yesterday on my 13 Xsport. Here is the dyno graph of stock vs the tune. Still some power left on the table but this is for my daily driving tune. Track tune numbers will come on another day when I go back. For now, this thing hauls some serious @$$

Stock are the blue lines, tune is in red. Vehicle mods: Bone stock + tune
SAE corrected. Smoothing 5 , ~77*F, 62% Humidity

stock_vs_tuned2_zps26488024.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Solid. Are you getting a lot of torque steer?

Im guessing programming the Power Transfer Unit to put more to the rear wheels is locked down by Ford?

Im guessing programming the Power Transfer Unit to put more to the rear wheels is locked down by Ford?

I"m assuming you want to basically change the power/torque bias from the front or rear diffs in the AWD system. I had no control over that, its probably controlled by something outside the PCM, typically the ABS module and other body control modules.

Yes exactly, I was just wondering if aftermarket programming could adjust that power/torque ratio to mitigate torque steer.

Yes exactly, I was just wondering if aftermarket programming could adjust that power/torque ratio to mitigate torque steer.

Yeah I'm almost 100% certain its not controllable through the PCM. I believe a specific trans or ABS controller has control over that. I'm not saying it cant be done, but not through conventional custom tuning methods.

A little confused. Your Explorer was tuned on the dyno for a custom tune? Or this is a canned tune from one of the vendors like Livernois?

Sounds right on par. I have the lund tune and they dyno'd 320/380 during the summer. It really wakes the truck up, i'm sure you are happy! Excited to see what the race tune numbers come out looking.

I know lund is working on rereleasing their SS tune, if it ever comes back out I'm going to try and get it on the dyno myself!

Sounds right on par. I have the lund tune and they dyno'd 320/380 during the summer. It really wakes the truck up, i'm sure you are happy! Excited to see what the race tune numbers come out looking.

I know lund is working on rereleasing their SS tune, if it ever comes back out I'm going to try and get it on the dyno myself!

Can the Lund tune be installed with out all the hardware upgrades that the Livernois one requires?

A little confused. Your Explorer was tuned on the dyno for a custom tune? Or this is a canned tune from one of the vendors like Livernois?

I'm going to assume it's the SCT beta testing on his truck. This should open up the market quickly. :)

Yes to say the least. Two hands on the wheel and just keep pointing straight!
:D

Thanks for posting!

Im in Melbourne. Where at in central Florida? Lotta tuners in these parts :).

Can the Lund tune be installed with out all the hardware upgrades that the Livernois one requires?

if you want, you can use only the Lund tune (DD tune) and nothing else is required. The SS tune requires gapping the plugs. And I believe the Livernois tune doesn't require extras as well, just add-ons they want to sell you.

Please, please, please, please make this work with the livewire....

Words cannot express the want for an SCT tune so we can get more from our vehicles without paying up the rear for proprietary parts that are the only ones supported by the company behind the tuning!

Coming soon guys....soon.

Off the wall question. A guy brought in a flex with a handheld to the shop. Is there any way to load a tune from a phone or tablet. Trying to confirm if this tuner was a sct or not

Off the wall question. A guy brought in a flex with a handheld to the shop. Is there any way to load a tune from a phone or tablet. Trying to confirm if this tuner was a sct or not

The 4015 (iTSX/TSX) works with android or iOs, phone or tablet. So yes it was probably an SCT device.

very nice gains! what tuning device?

This was done with a Livewire TS, but the x3/sf3 will also work. I have tested the firmwares on both and it is working.

I will tell you right now this has not been officially released so you wont be able to tune your Xsport yet, but very soon. So if you are looking for a tuner for your Explorer, you should see us in this market very soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This was done with a Livewire TS, but the x3/sf3 will also work. I have tested the firmwares on both and it is working.

I will tell you right now this has not been officially released so you wont be able to tune your Xsport yet, but very soon. So if you are looking for a tuner for your Explorer, you should see us in this market very soon.

I will be switching as soon as it is available.

Favor, can you or whoever is validating the tune(s) please, please pretty please investigate the fuel pressure drop/stutter issue us cold weather tuned folks are experiencing? My current tuners are blaming it on winter fuel which is bull pucky!

I am currently limited by this phenomenon.

One more thing, if I currently already have an SF3 unit (from when I had my F150), can I update the software on it to include the Explorer strategy at no cost?

Back