• Register Today It's free!

Sport trac vs. Edge

plance1

Reaction score
City, State
cincy ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac
Oh no... I let the wife drive the sport trac while I drive my turbo volvo wagon. Lately shes starting to make noise about how much she hates the truck, how little room is inside and how much she likes the ford edge...

Geez, I'm just trying to pay the damn thing off, I have no intention of getting a newer vehicle. I won't let her drive my volvo wagon nor am I ready to divorce her yet.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put her in her place man!

Tell her you like not having a vehicle payment more than being married?

sounds like you got to let her drive the VW turbo...

We just got a used 2011 edge. I guarantee the explorer has more room than the edge! :D The huge center console in the edge makes me feel like I'm in a cocoon.

maybe take her for a test drive of one..and bring your sport trac.so that way she can see that there is less room in the edge.

I am, for 8 years, with kids! I'm a hard ******* to deal with.

Put 'er on here and lets hear her side to this !! HA HA HA !:D

OK, off topic...... sorry!;)

Slap a camper shell on it then she has no room to complain about the storage room.

Look at all that room! lol

Attachments

• Foto-0215.jpg
    Foto-0215.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 902

Yeah, but the edge is lower to the ground and maybe a newer body style? I don't know, there is no rational thought process going on here. Even if there is less room in the edge in her mind theres more. This perception works in my favor occasionally, you know, "when every day moments turn romantic..."

Even if there is less room in the edge in her mind theres more. This perception works in my favor occasionally, you know, "when every day moments turn romantic..."

LOL so many comments I could make to this...

Sounds like she makes a mountain out of a mole hill...

i have the opposite problem. I had to go on a long trip for my job for about three days so i drove my wifes 01 chrysler sebring to save some cash on gas. So she had to drive the trac for a few days. Now I have noticed she keeps asking if she can take the sport trac to work, run up to the grocery store, ect.. I told her I know what you are doing(trying to steal my trac for good) it isnt going to work... unless I can get a new one :)

Well, I drove my sport trac for the first time in a while yesterday and today. I really enjoyed driving it, much more than the jeep grand cherokee we used to have. I like the seats, it feels good to drive a real truck with a real frame. I'm not sure if I enjoy it more than my turbo brick 940 wagon but it was fun. I'm not sure if I would want a newer one, too car-like for me.

I started thinking about all the things I want to do to it:

• Get tint on the front windows and windshield that matches the back windows which came tinted from the factory (anyone else think it looks weird with tint only on the back windows?
  • Body Lift and slight TT in the front.
  • Mustang 5 spoke wheels.
  • Something, not sure what, but something with the engine to give it more power. I NEED MORE POWER!
  • Redo the interior with some dynomat, give it a good cleaning.
  • Get a cap for the back so I can haul things and keep them relatively secure.

But then reality set in and I woke up and realized that the reason I'm driving it and not my wife is because its hard to start and I''m thinking I probably need to get a new fuel pump. And duma$$ me, I looked under the hood and couldn't even figure out where the fuel pump is!

Thats because the fuel pump isnt under the hood, its on top of the gas tank.

Thanks, I've been trying to get this answered for awhile...so to change the fuel pump I have to drop the tank? I did that on an old saab once, it was not fun!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tank on the ST is alot easier then most.

Back