2012 4WD Limited order | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 4WD Limited order

I am beginning to think Ford is waiting to assign my VIN so that the delivery takes place after my $750 brochure coupon expires. :(

It looks like many of the orders placed after mine have received their VIN. I hate to keep bugging Cory, but I will feel better after the VIN is assigned.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Placed my order six weeks ago today, and still no VIN assigned. Looks like the $750 coupon from the Explorer brochure will expire before I take delivery. :(

Um I would have them grandfather it, since they are taking their sweet time. I think its time you go to your salesman and push the issue, its bs man. If you did a purchase order that $750 should reflect on it for when the final numbers are done. Don't let them pocket that $750.

Get a customer number assigned by calling customer service

Placed my order six weeks ago today, and still no VIN assigned. Looks like the $750 coupon from the Explorer brochure will expire before I take delivery. :(
smilner,
I have good news (Spoiler: Your VIN was assigned!). I sent you a private message with the details, so check your inbox. :D I also recommend calling the Marketing Program Headquarters team so an agent can look into your available incentives. :)

Cory

Thank you Cory for the great news.

That seemed like the longest six weeks of my life.

I just received my 2012 4WD, White Metallic, Limited last Friday and it took about 5 1/2 weeks to get here. I'm in Central PA. Good luck!

My Ex is scheduled to be built today! :D

My Ex is scheduled to be built today! :D
Hopefully today is your Explorer’s birthday, smilner! No official word yet from my tracking system if it rolled off the line, so I’m sure it will be updating soon. Have the confetti ready; I’ll keep my eye on it. ;)

Cory

Thanks for keeping an eye on it Cory!

Yeah congrats another b-day to celebrate!

Thanks Cory! :D

It is only 90 miniutes away from me, I sure hope it gets on a truck before too long.

Again, thanks for all your help checking the status for me!

Thanks Cory! :D

It is only 90 miniutes away from me, I sure hope it gets on a truck before too long.

Again, thanks for all your help checking the status for me!
You got it, smilner. It’s the least I can do since you put up with my delayed replies when I’m wading through my swamped inbox. :D

Cory

Today is the day that my Explorer was estimated to be delivered to the dealer …
Now, just waiting for that call to come and pick it up!

Today is the day that my Explorer was estimated to be delivered to the dealer …
Now, just waiting for that call to come and pick it up!
You’ve got to be excited, smilner! I hope the dealer has good news for you. ;)

Cory

Cory

HI Cory,

My dealer said my 2012 was on its way but i havent head from him in a few days. Can you check the status?

I sent you my VIN on 9/14. Let me know if you need me to PM it to you again.

Thanks.

HI Cory,

My dealer said my 2012 was on its way but i havent head from him in a few days. Can you check the status?...
JohnnyDop,
I sent you a reply to your last PM. ;) Check your inbox for the great news! :D

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cory

Cory,

If you have a chance, can you check the shipment status of my Explorer?

Last week the dealer said the estimated date for arrival was 9/19. On 9/19 I was told Ford changed the date to 9/20. On 9/20 I was told that it was in warehousing in Chicago, awaiting shipment.
Thanks,

Back