2014 Explorer Limited 4X4 ordered 7/6/13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Limited 4X4 ordered 7/6/13

mastersource

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer
Hello everyone, finally after months of watching these threads I am happy to say that I finally ordered a 2014 explorer (7/6/2013). I have ordered a 2014 Ruby Red Ford Explorer Limited 3.5L v6 4WD Medium light stone leather with 302A, Trailer Tow , Moonroof, Polished Aluminum Wheels, Adaptive Cruise control, All-weather floor mats and 2nd row bucket seats. My dealer tells me end of August but we will just have to wait and see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mastersource, that's a fully loaded Explorer for sure!

I'll be placing an order nearly identical to yours tomorrow (7/7/13). Keep us informed about your build date and delivery status.

One other note: my wife and I will probably fly up to Chicago to tour the Explorer assembly plant and try to arrange that on the same day ours is on the factory line. Your order may very well be batched along with ours... if I'm lucky I might some shots of the cars somewhere along the assembly line.

hey guys: I ordered my limited on 7/2/13 ... I was also thinking the end of august for my delivery....my wife and I are excited to get rid of the mini van and get back into a Ford SUV....we previously had a 2003 expedition and loved it.

I ordered my Red Sport on 6-4-13 and received my VIN on 6-28-13. I checked with Ford Customer Service today and they said my vehicle does not have a build date yet, but does have an estimated ETA of 8-14-13 ;). Based on these dates it's taking about 10 weeks from order date to delivery.

A good friend of mine who works at management level in a group of local dealerships says 6-8 weeks is the norm.

10 weeks... goes to show how strong the demand is for the EX. :D

Back