Double DIN install 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Double DIN install 3
A

Double DIN install 3

Yeah, the top is the equalizer, kinda wish I had done some more homework before buying, because the headunit can do all that I could ever want it to do, the EQ actually counteracts what the HU is trying to do. I ended up taking it to a local stereo place and letting them play with it and they tuned it for me. Now it sounds really good.

That is the exact same HU I have. I like it alot. Im still finding out the things it can do.

Hey, how'd you pull that off? I'm getting a '98 XLT this weekend, and I have a DIN head unit and DIN cd changer I'd like to fit in that dash opening. Any help would be appreciated! --Phil

U
idspartan, i think thats it.....for your deck install, you're going to have to get a dash kit, and slightly modify it, maybe shave off a bit for your cd changer, id say get a rockford preamp instead-it fits right under a deck and totally splits up response (if you have an amp)-and do a trick install of your changer in the center console....good luck!

The opening is a true Double DIN, but what Ford did was put a lip that the factory HU slides up against. That lip has to be filed down and then the 2 units will slide right in. There are companies that make kits to install 2 units like this, but I didn't like the way they looked when installed. So I just made my own.

Media information

Album
Stereo
Added by
addkev
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back