• Register Today It's free!

Real guages.......with numbers!!

WorkTeke

Reaction score
City, State
Central Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I'm going to be adding guages to monitor my X better. The question is what are the normal operating conditions for some of the systems. I don't want to get guages that are out of range. SO...
What should fuel pressure be??
Transmission temperature??
Oil temperature??
Oil Pressure??
Water temperature??

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Instead of individual gauges you might consider a scanner such as an autoxray or something I found yesterday, www.scangauge.com

I need to monitor the supercharger for sure, need the real thing.

spindlecone said:
Instead of individual gauges you might consider a scanner such as an autoxray or something I found yesterday, www.scangauge.com

The Scanguage looks interesting. Do you have one or know of anyone who does? If so, how do they like it?

I Just ordered one online and talked with the companys owner, is a win, win situation with no shipping.
Is a guy on www.mysporttrac.com forum that has been using one, he claims it do's all as advertised

Bill, do you plan on using it while driving or for diagnostics?

My concern is its small size and being able to read the numbers whie driving.

a little of both Al
I looked at the autoxray awhile back on your recomendation, am certain it is a killer unit but a little pricy for me.
If this new unit do's what it says it will do, it will please me to a T

spindlecone,
Keep us in the loop on this product.
It has peaked my intrests.

Will Do
Should be here about mid week

Damn to bad it dosn't to tranny temp...

Definatly post some feedback/and pictures of it.

Is there even a sensor or sending unit other than after market for trannie temp?

From what I've heard from autotap users there is...

Guys... I can't believe no one has answered his question. Here ya go dude:

What should fuel pressure be: Around 35-40PSI
Transmission temperature: 100 - 210F (Anything over 190F is overheating, btw)
Oil temperature: 100 -210F (should be roughly the same temp or less than your coolant)
Oil Pressure: 0-50PSI (You'll see close to 50psi at 2500rpm, as little as 10 if you have a problem)
Water temperature: 100-250 F (The upper end should be your thermostat temp, like 160 F or 190 F)

An OBD-II based guage set, such as the ones being talked about will provide you with info, but real gauges won't be subjected to the lag involved in the OBD-II serial bus, and can be viewed at a glance without much concentration. HOWEVER - that www.scangauge.com looks very very cool - for a very good price, assuming it works as advertised. I may order one.

I have used Autometer electrical gauges with much success.

That scanguage does look sweet. Please keep us updating spindlecone!

Scott

I'm also VERY interested in this ScanGauge product. Except for the look of the face. Those light gray lines look so 80's. :(

Too bad it didn't come in different colors.

Other than that, I might look into getting one, depending on what is said here...

Thanks V8!! keepin' on topic

Been playing with the Scangauge for two days now, this is a great item.all perameters except for Fuel Pressure and Manifold absolute pressure ( whice are not available Via the OBD port on my engine) display to perfection.
Is very interesting to watch such items in real time such as Ign. timeing, throttle body position setting etc in relation to MPH being driven.
One item I found very interesting is intake-air-temp as I created a ducted intake system for my Mac open intake several mos back thinking that cool air diliverd at the intake source would be benificial, WRONG, it makes 0 differance, nothing, nada (Aldive eluded to this fact in a past post)
The Code Scanner works but I have no codes to read at this time thank god.
The unit is by far not very stealthy looking but it do's everything it is advertized as being able to do.
The only installation for my application was plug it in, set the engine displacement and go.
Download the entire instuction manual at www.scangauge.com, you cannot go wrong with this item.

Attachments

• Mvc-004s.jpg
    Mvc-004s.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 647

How accurate is the MPG calculator? How fast does it update readings, such as RPM?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do not know about the MPG acc as I have not had it long enough to ck,all readouts are in real time, no updates, is constant as it happens

Back