• Register Today It's free!

8 dings?

scratched 95

Reaction score
City, State
Millersburg, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Every now and then (happened again this morning) I hear a series of 8 dings (beeps, bells?) while driving. They sound, then repeat about 2 minutes later. It is the same beep sound as when you leave your lights on or the door open with the key in. I get no codes with a reader. Anyone have an idea of what they mean, if anything?

Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is your seat belt on ?

Yep. Seat belt latched, doors and hatch closed, lights off, everything normal, except for the warning. It isn't a normal warning about something you would expect, since it doesn't sound till about 4 minutes after starting driving. A safety warning would be immediate.

Ed

Believe in ghost?

Just kidding :D
Have you installed an alarm or any electrical work lately? This happened to me when my alarm guy did not make the correct connections on the alarm module.

Is your seatbelt warning light going out when you put your seatbelt on? If not, the wiring harness under the seat might be disconnected.

My hearing aid do's that when the battery gets low:)

LMAO! ^That would be the funniest thing if THAT was the problem.
:D:D:D

X~FACTOR said:
LMAO! ^That would be the funniest thing if THAT was the problem.
:D:D:D
No Joke, if I hear bells, the aid batt is going south, got me an Optima redtop today, rigged up some resistors (Chopin Inc) cut the power down to 2 volts for the Aid, carry the optima in a backback, sucker is heavy but I can hear in reverse, life is good :confused:

Sounds like Tim Allen re: his grandads hearing aid......"Dolby A, B, and C...linear amp, coaxial cable....@#$&er can hear now!!!

Back