pensa cola FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
I need to know the flow rate of the stock injectors on a 99 explorer 5.0 v8
the numbers are as follows:

ford number xs2e-a5b
motocraft cm4885
bosch 0280155861

I know some expo's had 19lb/hr and some had 21lb/hr, can anyone tell me what the above is or what comes stock in 99 5.0 I have called 3 different wholesalers and they can sell me the right injector but cant tell me the flow rate. I find that hard to believe. I even called the local ford dealer and they can only tell me that the part number matches a 99 explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never heard of an Explorer with 21# injectors. Maybe it's the 02+ 4.6Ls?

Are they yellow? I'd say they're 99.9% 19#.

they are a creme color and have the rounded corner connector.

cream color is the 19#. I believe this is correct. It has been a while. Cream is 19#, blue is 24# and red is 30#.

I thought the newer trucks had 24# injectors??????

How newer?

Injector size on 00 5.0?

Yes, what are the Injector sizes on the 2000 5.0?

19#

Provided I am adding the Cobra Intake and E303 cam should I move up to 24lbs?

Nope. 19# will be fine up till around 300HP. If you change injectors you'll have to change MAFs and so on. A lot of parts for little gain. But if you plan on charging it, Naaawz, or an HCI or anything down the road.. it might be worth doing while you have it apart.

section525 said:
Nope. 19# will be fine up till around 300HP. If you change injectors you'll have to change MAFs and so on. A lot of parts for little gain. But if you plan on charging it, Naaawz, or an HCI or anything down the road.. it might be worth doing while you have it apart.

Thanks,

I'll go ahead and do that.

I thought we already basically have the cobra intake. What are you adding that is new about it? (the intake that it)

eckerta82 said:
I thought we already basically have the cobra intake. What are you adding that is new about it? (the intake that it)

Oh, Cobra intake, E303, 70MM tb, roller rockers, Aluminum heads GT40, Torque monster headers, CAI, 24lbs cobra injectors, 3" catback. Then a chip to pull it all together.

Back