need help my acc stays on even after car is off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help my acc stays on even after car is off

alpinex93

Reaction score
City, State
Emmitsburg, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 eddie bauer
for somereason my acc stays on even when i turn the car off...the windows wind down still but very slow.....i can turn my neon on and the subs and everything continue to play wit the car off.......i tried disconencting the battery..but that didnt do anything it still does it........please help me fix this...the more descriptive you can be wit the fix the better..cause im not to knowledgeble bout the wiring and all that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So after you disconnect your battery, everything still works? Sounds like you're pulling power out of nowhere lol.

no opps what i meant to say was i disconnected the battery then reconnected it thinking maybe i needed to reset something......and when i turn it back on and then turn it off.....it still stays on

Sounds strange?

I dunno about the 1st gen's but on my 99, the windows and sunroof still operate after the vehicle is turned off, until a door opens.

However, the stereo shuts off as soon as the key is turned off.

Did your truck just start doing this, or has it always been this way?

Could be a previous owner wired it up to work that way.

Does any of it shut off when you open the drivers door?

it just keeps playing........and this has just started bout 2 days ago
none of the wires were messed with since they were put in......friday its goin into the shop and they think it might be something wrong wit the ignition.....but there gonna take a look for me...cuase i dont kno what im doing.....and im not letting my dad get down there and ghetto rig it lol

Back