Return from Crozet 2006 Photos | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Crozet 2006 Photos

Is this thread dead? :confused: Oh well..On to the next big thing!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is what I"ve had to do to my truck since I've been back. Uh, have the tube in my driveshaft replaced and also replace the Xmember at the back of the transfer case which is rubbing the driveshaft. I haven't driven my truck but 1 day since I've been back. It sucks bad.

Josh Adams said:
Here is what I"ve had to do to my truck since I've been back. Uh, have the tube in my driveshaft replaced and also replace the Xmember at the back of the transfer case which is rubbing the driveshaft. I haven't driven my truck but 1 day since I've been back. It sucks bad.

WOW :eek: I fared well...I cant believe that. I guess you just had bad luck with the lines...I made sure to take the sames lines as you as much as I could..that sucks man, sorry to hear that.

Geez Josh, what gives man, is the longer wheel base getting you again? I did notice that i put a small dent in my driveshaft too, nothing to worry about though.

yeah, wheelbase got me, especially at URE. With all the fire breaks they have on the trails up there and how steep they were, I drug on the majority of 'em and that's where my damage came came from.

I wish I had gone to URE with you josh. If you even wanna go again let me know so we can meet up there. Hope your truck's alight. I didn't know URE was so bad. My brother said that they filled most of the deep mud holes up. I know that area has some real real steep hills that houses are on.

if anyone knows of someone looking for a trail ready rig the ranger is going up for sale within the next few weeks. if your ready to stand out in looks, power, and go places you've never been before shoot me a line.

bring an old thread back here... I don't know why I thought of it today, but I finally got my pictures from the trip off of the memory card. I've got some pretty good shots, mostly Josh Adams, JoshC, and Patrick, but there's some of everybody. If anybody wants them or can host them let me know.

There's some good poser shots of Patrick's durango and one or two of Josh's ranger. Ya'll might want these.

i'd like to have them.

LBarr2002 said:
bring an old thread back here... I don't know why I thought of it today, but I finally got my pictures from the trip off of the memory card. I've got some pretty good shots, mostly Josh Adams, JoshC, and Patrick, but there's some of everybody. If anybody wants them or can host them let me know.

There's some good poser shots of Patrick's durango and one or two of Josh's ranger. Ya'll might want these.

Thanks a lot, that is gonna make me miss my Durango, or having a truck that I was willing to take off road haha. I look forward to seeing the pics.

I'll put a few up here later, but is there anyone (Andrew maybe?) with webspace for the whole folder?

By the way Patrick...what happened to the Durango? I see it "went boom".

LBarr2002 said:
I'll put a few up here later, but is there anyone (Andrew maybe?) with webspace for the whole folder?

It had cooling issues that were not solved with the first 1000 dollar stab and I was not willing to put much more into it because there were some things that needed to be fixed soon also. It overheated when the dealership was appraising it and I would assume that it is still overheating on the poor chap that bought it. Overall, there were just a lot of things that needed money thrown at them and I thought it could be better spent on a newer truck and I could also establish some good credit. But I love my new truck, even if I didnt like it at first, I would learn to like it real soon since the bill comes once a month for insurance and the loan.

GaSouthern1 said:
It had cooling issues that were not solved with the first 1000 dollar stab and I was not willing to put much more into it because there were some things that needed to be fixed soon also. It overheated when the dealership was appraising it and I would assume that it is still overheating on the poor chap that bought it. Overall, there were just a lot of things that needed money thrown at them and I thought it could be better spent on a newer truck and I could also establish some good credit. But I love my new truck, even if I didnt like it at first, I would learn to like it real soon since the bill comes once a month for insurance and the loan.
That's so sad. That durango made me a fan of those trucks. Why did you buy a truck that you didn't like? Pretty soon it will be getting it's bumper knocked off and it's tail gate punched in. :D

Dopler174 said:
That's so sad. That durango made me a fan of those trucks. Why did you buy a truck that you didn't like? Pretty soon it will be getting it's bumper knocked off and it's tail gate punched in. :D

I love this truck, maybe it just sounded like I didnt. The Durango was a blast for sure, I loved it. Maybe one day I can buy it back and start chopping everything off.

Then you would be like Josh C.

I'd like to have the pics Larry. If you can put 'em on a cd, I'll ride down to Clemson and pick it up if it's cool.

LBarr2002 said:

I'll set cha up with webspace. Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with the username/pasword. or e-mail 'em to me and I'll add them to my site.

Just emailed. I'm going to try to get them set up online somewhere. If not, you can get them any time Josh. Have you gotten your truck all straightened out from the trip now? If so, When do you want to show me around the places near here?

Here's a teaser from my Crozet pics:

Yeah, I got it going. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it was. I did have to fix the driveshaft, but the crossmember was ok. I can do just about any Sat or Sun, just let me know when is good for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might be a little while. Are the trails open all the time or is it just certain times of the year? I've got a lot going on right now, going home at least every other weekend, but I'll let you know.

Back