• Register Today It's free!

97 Mountaineer Before & After

Before
View

After
View

I'm not done yet :)

[Edited by EMStaxi on 02-12-2001 at 02:20 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yo!

hey man.. glad to see someone else with a mountaineer.. sweeeeeeet ride man, got any more plans? clear corners and taillight guards would really compiment that thing..

heh, I guess I need to change my sig to "one of the guys with a mountaineer" instead eh? but I'd like to think I was the first one ;) dunno if its true or not.. heres a shot for ya just for fun

Dead Link Removed

Hey! Cool to see more Mountaineers. I had a '99. Great truck.

Do you guys take your Mountaineers off road? I had a V8 AWD that spent plenty of time in the mud, on the trail and crawling rocks. Articulation, like Explorers, sucked, and there was little ground clearance, but it was all in the name of good fun!

I love those BFGs on your truck, EMStaxi. Plus the small lift makes it look nice and rugged. Bet it's totally different off road!! :D

I never do any off roading.. besides the fact that there isn't anywhere to do that here.. the pics of the explorer runs make my stomach hurt.. every time I see someone pinned under a tree.. or crushing their running boards.. I cringe.. I couldn't hurt my baby like that :p

yea, I agree the lift does wonders.. I did not get one because for 1 my tires are new and would look funny lifted, and for another.. I don't like the way shackles lower the leaf springs and a body lift is outta the question.

I take mine off road when I can. I love it. The only thing that gets me through is the BFG's. The first time, I got stuck alot of places with the firestones. Darkfox1, I Stay away from trees and things like that. The shackles dont flatten the springs but just move them forward.

Hey guys,

Are you two the only ones with Mountaineers on this board?

I'm going to see if I can dig up some pics of my old Mutineer for you guys to see... I've got a few shots at home of a Mountaineer that I rented in California (and proceeded to beat the hell out of...hehe). They are mostly articulation tests, though... not much in the way of that!

I beleive there is at least one more.. he was a college student and was having an engine ping.. but thats the last I recall hearing from him

You Mountaineers are still part of the explorer familys so don't feel bad

hehe, thanks buddy! What about us ex-Mutineer (that's what I called it) owners?

How's life in Albuquerque? I'm in Dallas, but ABQ is my favorite city. Great food. Have you been to Los Cuates? I think it's on Lomas blvd, as I recall.

Back