Removing passenger fender

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
Does anyone have any knowledge of removing the passenger side fender from a 2004 explorer its the V6 if it matters. I am trying to help out a friend and since I used to have an explorer and I was on here all the time I figured where better to ask? Thanks in advance, Jon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

??

not a 2006, but i have a 1993... and i've had to replace everything (bumper, trim, headlights, grill, fenders) up front, it shouldn't be to hard, just take your time, it should only be some bolts/screws holding it, just don't force it!

and on mine, i had to open my door, because i had to go through the door hinge area to remove two bolts/screws before mine would come off. it's not hard, i was a novice doing it, they're made to be replaced.

Do the trick they do on Muscle Car: take a small drill bit and drill a few holes where the sheetmetal bolts together. When you go to put the fender back on, put the drill bits back in the holes and tighten the bolts back up = perfect alignment. Also watch and notice where any shims come from.

I got it done today, it was a piece of cake! I couldnt get the dent out to well but Im looking for one in white to replace it soon. While I was working on it I did the plugs and I have to say this truck was the easiest vehicle I have ever changed plugs on.

Back