SVO

Meow
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Smithville/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Suzuki SX4
So I'm looking at getting a 1992 325i (non-VANOS) 5spd with M3 wheels and exhaust, and have been surfing the Bimmer forums and seem to have run across alot of good information, especially on some common problems.

But didn't know if we might have some BMW folks on the board here that might actually be famillar with them also, or have perviously owned one.

The biggest problem I see is a surging/stumbling problem (from idle to 3000 rpms) that no one seems to be able to fix, no check engine light, and they proceed to just throw parts at thier cars, and still get really no closer to fixing it.

Any input would be very welcome.

Thanx, Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

328 did OK. Stay away from large BMW models with V8s and automatics. Tranies don't last for crap.

If this car was an automatic we wouldn't have this discussion.

As for the 5 and 7 series, not gonna happen.

I'm just looking at this 325i, other than that I wouldn't be looking at them.

He wants to trade me for my boat.

Jeff - :navajo:

svo

i have a friend his name is sargon and he has a 93 325i it is black on black and its a 5 spd stick and it has dinan exhaust and dinan chip and he put hids and a 600 watt system in it and some other stuff.

and he is plannin on sellin his 93 325i cause he is going to be buying a used 99 328i so if i ever talk to him i can ask him to e-mail me some pics of it and then i will try to post it up on here so u can check it out.

The 328 was a 1998. Like I said, nothing bad. The tail lights had some mal###tion. $600 fix. Nothings cheap to fix with these cars, though there are much more expensive options to maintain. They do get pretty good gas mileage.

He wants to trade me for my boat.
WTF! :banghead:

No more.....???

P1020268_2.jpg

P1020276_2.jpg

P1020342.jpg

That's it! I'm gonna trade my Sport Trac for a boat. But, I can probably only get a row boat for it. :(

John find me a registared and inspected 1987-93 4 cylinder Mustang, and I'll give you the boat sir!

I need something with better gas milage, LIKE NOW!!!

or, 2.3-2.5 Ranger, 4.0 Navajo/Explorer 1st gen (stock), 1979-1986 Capri, 1979-1993 Mustang, Honda, Toyota, Saturn.

I have gotten zero hits on Craig's List on the boat, and one of my fellow instructors at school has a room mate with this BMW 325i, that is willing to trade.

School instructors don't make that much bank, and I'm commuting again to Austin (100 miles round trip), so I have to do something.

Soooooooo that's where I'm at.

It needs to be buffed, and the front struts replaced, AND YOU KNOW I HATE RED!! :mad:

I guess I could get it and part it out.

DSCN1705.jpg

svo is that ur beemer now

hole lee ****

Yeah, I know man. I hate having a 10 mile round trip to my work. I need to get off my fat ass and ride my bike to work a few days a week.

Try one of these....
24-64.jpg

If nothing happens this week, yes I'll be pimping the Euro Trash.

I hate red :mad: did I mention that?

John if my commute wasn't 100 miles round trip I would ride my bike.

John if my commute wasn't 100 miles round trip I would ride my bike.
Whimp! :dead:
thefinger.gif

[edit] It would be pretty funny for an automobile instructor to always ride a bike to work.
[/edit]

PS - Did I mention I like red? :D

I thought your mark 8 got pretty good mileage?
It sure as hell did. I wish I had one. But, I believe he traded it sometime back for something.

[offtopic]I'm perplexed why some of the new 4 bangers don't get better gas mileage than a mid 90's v8 car. My friend Txplates has a brand new 2.0L turbo Jetta. From what I understand I think the Mark VIII beats it in gas mileage. :scratch::confused:
[/offtopic]

svo my friend sargon has a 93 325i but its black on black do u like the color black.

I have enough colors in vinyl to make it rainbow for you too Jeff :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back