NintyEight-XLT's ranger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NintyEight-XLT's ranger

where is all the weight and traction with a pickup?? not in the rear. put a locker in the front.And the rear. i just got back from wheelin in the snow. no problems here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my project just got a jump start today. Thanks to "Fraser (a GL4x4.com member)" I got a Decent D30. and once I got home, I headed to the junkyard to get the front leafs off of a YJ, My brother and I made a personal record for getting ceased up bolts out to get the leafs all in 50 minutes before the yard closed.

Now all I need is some square tubing to make the front crossmember and some more tubing for the hangers and shackles.

...Start taking pictures...:popcorn:

...:rolleyes:...Posting that many pics will probably get a bunch of them deleted as spam..:dunno:

..So you spam someone else's thread with your trucks pics???

...I meant pics of his sas in progress..

I did get a new camera for christmas, but it was too dark to get any pics. The truck is still two wheel drive and has the 2wd 4" lift. I will take some pics of the parts I have and some last pics of it being 2wd. I first have to decide if I am doing the sas and my brothers house (he has a Miller 220) or at my place (using a lincoln 110). I have quite a few days off work next week and I will begin tear down and start sell the old lift parts.

I plan on 35's, no bigger with the D30, if I do bigger tires I have to upgrade axles. The truck will only be 2wd with a solid axle until I get money for a new trans and transfer case.

I will just have a general look on the truck because I still have to get new brake parts and do brake lines once I get the axle in. I will do pics tomorrow of what I have.

Pics for the mean time, since I dont post many pics, I dont think I put any of them anywhere on the site.

003-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-6.jpg

when I broke the leaf hangers a few weeks back.
007-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

001-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

nice ranger

Thanks!

put more work into the axle today, about 4hrs worth. It was horrible trying to cut off the **** for the xj 4 link. but it looks better and somewhat cleaner.

001-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

those are good lookin feet in that last pic, oh wait those are mine. lol im am quite suprised no one has told you it sucks yet, you should have used a dana 44. but why use a d44 they are weak compared to a d60, but rockwells are better. hahaha. oh yeah and you need a 500 hp 302. "ALL YOU GODDA DO IS....!"

nice... toolio, when are we cleanin your garage to do the swap?

possibly getting a parts explorer this week, its a first gen explorer. I am gonna use the trans, and front drive shaft for sure, and possibly using the rear drive shaft to extend the one for the ranger, and possibly use teh push-button transfercase.

Once I get it/if I get it, I am gonna use the parts I need and either part it out or use it for the next project, I am not sure yet.

Well the explorer didnt work out, called and left a message, called back later and said someone was "looking at it". oh well, didnt need to waste money on that anyways.

well, got a little progress, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Ruffstuff. Looks like I have, and have stuff on the way to get the axle all the way in.

I got the
spring perches for the D30
6" long shackle pieces
The leaf spring hangers
and the shackle hanger with bushings
all ended up being $158 shipped at least I know all of the stuff is going to be the same and more accurate than I could make everything.

Got the Parts

Shackle pieces:
001-8.jpg

Spring perch and Shackle hanger w/bushings:
002-7.jpg

Leaf spring hanger:
003-6.jpg

Spring perch again:
005-5.jpg

Sticker:
004-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back