• Register Today It's free!

2011 Red Candy Limited

NJ-Xman-2011

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I would like to post a picture of my new Explorer Limited 4WD - Red Candy. I worked with my dealer to have pin stripes, chrome side moldings and matching red door edge guards installed. I also have photos of the Ford cargo cover and mud flaps. I just received today my Husky floor liners and will be installing and taking photos shortly. I just need to learn how to post photos to the forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put your pictures on Photobucket, Imageshack, or some other website where you can have a URL dedicated to the image. In the Reply editing window, there is a yellow icon of a mountain and the Sun. It's over on the right hand side of the icon bar. Click on it and a popup window will ask you for the image's URL. Enter it and hit OK. Done.

I figured out how to add photos
SideView.jpg
RedDoorEdgeGuards-1.jpg
RearMudflap-1.jpg
Cover2.jpg
Cover1.jpg

This photos shows in detail the dual pin stripes, color side moldings with chrome insert, color door edge guards and mud flaps
Chromesidemolding.jpg

Here is a good photo of the rear bucket seats without the console. I have not seen any photos posted yet. I like the ability of the extra room to get to back seats. Also when you get the rear buckets the seats travel 4 inches (bench does not) and the power fold and tumble with a button in the door jam.
RearBuckets.jpg

Looks great and love the color.

Thanks 1tufgt....here is a larger photo with more detail.....
LargeSide.jpg

Red Candy Explorer

Put your pictures on Photobucket, Imageshack, or some other website where you can have a URL dedicated to the image. In the Reply editing window, there is a yellow icon of a mountain and the Sun. It's over on the right hand side of the icon bar. Click on it and a popup window will ask you for the image's URL. Enter it and hit OK. Done.

Nice, very nice! I like the idea and work done. What kind of dollars did that cost at a dealer?

I negotiated the cost of the dual pin stripes to $105 & $289 for the chrome moldings & edge guards (including installation)...I also had the dealer apply armor coat to the paint and interior...it caries a 5 year warranty against paint stains, acid rain and oxidation...this was $349. The paint finish is like glass...and it is also on the windows...so in the rain water just sheets off...it is a teflon coating

Here is a more detailed photo of the moldings and door edge guards...highly recommend them!
LargeEdgeGuard.jpg

I can seeeee you. Your reflection is in the door. Looks fantastic. Lovely job. Congrats!

I also bought the factory cargo shade and it is very unique and covers the cargo area very well....it is not the typical "roll up shade"!
Largecargo1.jpg

Largecargo2.jpg

LargeCargo3.jpg

LargeCargo4.jpg

Man that is just a beautiful color. We love it

Red Explorer Extras

I negotiated the cost of the dual pin stripes to $105 & $289 for the chrome moldings & edge guards (including installation)...I also had the dealer apply armor coat to the paint and interior...it caries a 5 year warranty against paint stains, acid rain and oxidation...this was $349. The paint finish is like glass...and it is also on the windows...so in the rain water just sheets off...it is a teflon coating

Thank you very much.

I also had the dealer apply armor coat to the paint and interior...it caries a 5 year warranty against paint stains, acid rain and oxidation...this was $349. The paint finish is like glass...and it is also on the windows...so in the rain water just sheets off...it is a teflon coating

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Facimeor...I also had concerns on the interior/exterior protection...until I saw a few cars with the treatment and observed them applying the system. It takes about 2-3 hours to apply this treatment in stages. It totally changes the feel and look of the paint surface. I was taken into the service bay of a Lincoln that had the treatment over a year ago (I spoke to the customer myself) and he raved about it. This car also had the same shine and smooth feel as mine just treated vehicle. It deposits PTFE (duPont teflon) to the surface and it remains "locked" on. I have a five year warranty for both interior and exterior problems. It is also applied to all window glass and exterior plastic. In rain the water simply sheens off of the surface similar to RainX, but unlike RainX it does not wear off and need to be reapplied. Here is a link to the company and more info: http://www.ecpinc.net/. I checked it out and they have a great Better Business rating. There is also videos on this web site that demonstrates the product I purchased called "The Protector".

Back