• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac. Brake issues.

Michael Karr

Reaction score
City, State
illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trax
We have a 2003 sport trax,,,I have put new brakes and rotors all the way around. I have never had any lines open. There are no leaks,or brake lights on. Here is my problem sometimes when I put the brakes on it will flutter and go to the floor. Sometimes it may fill hard at frist push of the pedal. This does not happen all the time,although I have noticed it more often lately. Any help would be greatful,,Mike

pedal going to the floor is little extreme imo but try bleeding the air out of the brake line system ....(if there is no leaks for sure)

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the 2001-2005 Sport Trac section. Sometimes when you compress the piston in the calipers, it will push some rust into the system. Bleed the brakes, and use fresh brake fluid.

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the 2001-2005 Sport Trac section. Sometimes when you compress the piston in the calipers, it will push some rust into the system. Bleed the brakes, and use fresh brake fluid.

Thank you very much,,,,Mike

Back