Rancho RS5000 Part Number

-junior

Reaction score
City, State
south jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Explorer SportTrac XLT
Hey Everyone,

Been reading about a million threads in this section regarding shocks and have decided to go with the Rancho RS5000's.

But with all the debates around shocks (bilstein, monroe reflex/sensatracs, rancho) I haven't found any info on part numbers. Researching the Rancho site they recommend two different options, stock, and lifted 1"-2.5". In both options the part numbers are the same for the rear, but with the front they are different between "stock" and "lifted".

My truck is completely stock 05 ST XLT with the exception of upgraded 265/70/r16 Bridgestone's, but I've been prepping my torsion screws for the past week with liquid wrench becuase I want to level the truck out to get rid of that nose down look (36" from the ground to the top of fender in rear, 35" in the front to same spot). Another thing to note is only 43k, but from what I've read the shocks needed to be changed out of the factory.

I know a couple people have the Rancho's, do you remember which part number you got for the fronts? Should I go with the "lift" option since I'll be leveling the truck?

Here are the specs on both of the options:

RS5000 SERIES SHOCK Stock Front RS5229 2
Extended Length (in) 18.250 in.
Collapsed Length (in) 13.750 in.

RS5000 SERIES SHOCK Stock Rear RS5185 2
Extended Length (in) 25.375 in.
Collapsed Length (in) 15.250 in.

RS5000 SERIES SHOCK 1in - 2.5in Front RS5374 2
Extended Length (in) 19.250 in.
Collapsed Length (in) 14.140 in.

RS5000 SERIES SHOCK 1in - 2.5in Rear RS5185 2
Extended Length (in) 25.375 in.
Collapsed Length (in) 15.250 in.

Also, I found a pretty good deal on summit if anyone is interested in the same:

Rancho will send you a $50 Visa debit card when you buy a set of four 5000 Series shocks; $100 Visa card when you buy four RS9000XL shocks or four QuickLIFT shocks, or two QuickLIFT and two RS9000XL shocks; $400 Visa card when you buy a select suspension kit and four 5000 Series shocks; or $500 Visa card when you buy a select lift kit and four RS9000XL shocks. To get your debit card, send this invoice to: Rancho No Limits Offer P O Box 9109 Farmington, MI 48333-9109 Please indicate where you want your rebate sent by circling either the billing or shipping address on your invoice. Valid on purchases made between 2/14/11 and 8/31/11. Must be postmarked by 10/1/11. One debit card per household. Valid in USA only. Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To my knowledge you'd still need to be rocking the stock shocks. As for the summit racing deal that is pretty sweet. That's about 40 bucks cheaper than everywhere else I've seen.

I guess I'll go with the "no lift"/"stock" option for the fronts. That is a better deal too, thanks Chronicrage.

no worries, they shipped very quickly and the only problem I can say I had was 1 set of bolts missing from one of the shocks..however that was ranchos fault and any company can deal with that.

I was missing a set of bolts as well. A zip tie also. I got them on Amazon, but not at that price. I gotta see if that rebate is good for me, too as I did get them within the date range.

Rancho Rebate

the 4wheelonline has a great price and you can can advantage of the rebate from them also. If you get the 5000's you can get them for around $100!

Is there a big difference in the rs5000 and the rs5000 max travel? They look the same to me and i cant find the max travel anywhere.

hey chronic, good looking out on the rancho links, i just bought a set! now im going to have to figure out what im going to do with these pro comps i ordered. no tax, free shipping and a 50 dollar rebate, so they come out to 110.00 for a set of 4. that is a steal.

Back