• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent Radio Issue

davek4

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
I usually listen to Sirius while driving & leave the radio in on position. Recently, I noticed that several (but not all) times when I start the car, the Sirius buttons have no info & radio won't play, even long after navigation & other electronic features have fully loaded. I have to switch to regular AM/FM mode & then back to Sirius mode & then the volume comes on & buttons show the information. Has anyone else experienced this?
This did not happen during the first three months of ownership.

Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what kind of Explorer do you have, what version is MFT, etc. etc. etc.?

Bring it to the dealer and have it looked at.

I have Edge with MFT and whenever i have these issues, leave the screen untouched and show it to dealer.

Vehicle is 2011 Limited with MFT version 2.8.

Dave

2.11 ver, I have not experienced this issue. Are you parked in garage? Might be searching for signal

I park in garage at night, but issue occurs during the day when I park outside. Next time, I will take it to the dealer before clearing it by switching modes.

I park in garage at night, but issue occurs during the day when I park outside. Next time, I will take it to the dealer before clearing it by switching modes.

davek4,

The 2.11 self-install update is back on SyncMyRide.com. I suggest that you give it a try and see if that resolves your issue. If not, then take it to your dealer for more troubleshooting.

Keep us posted!

Rebecca

Back