Installed KYB's, sway bar bushings and endlinks today....Worst day ever! :( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed KYB's, sway bar bushings and endlinks today....Worst day ever! :(

ninobrn99

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
It wasn't really all that bad. The best thing I will suggest is to do it with power tools, or have a shop swap the springs. They were the worst part of the install!!! And we did it by hand. Started at 9am and ended at about 9pm. They went in and came out super easy, but the springs just sucked.

The ride quality is so much better though. I went with Moog endlinks (I couldnt get it to seat correctly and didn't have enough thread at the end, so I just used the original bolt and top bushing with the nut preinstalled. Not the best way to go, but it was the last thing to do and my hands were done!

Didn't take any pictures because it would've been far too time consuming. The install can be done with two people, but be patient and take heed to my suggestions! That or use the quick-struts (because the springs are already there :))

Nino

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about replacing the sway bar bushings. I'll be replacing mine next week and I want to know if it's simple or not. I replaced the bushings on my front upper control arms (altho I couldn't get them out and had a shop heat and bang them out).

those are super easy to do! Im pretty sure if you're small enough, you don't even need to lift the car to do it.

I just replaced upper& lower ball joints+ca's, new kyb's, & outer tie- rod ends,and alignment paid $500 to an automotive alignment shop for labor. Money well spent. For an additional $251. for 4 wheel brake job (Motorcraft pads. I did the sway bar end links & rear max-air shocks myself. My 2000 X EB 158K miles rides like new. Parts purchased from Amazon for about $325. free shipping.

wow, thats a pretty great deal! Also, be careful with the CV Joint boot ;)

Back