For Sale - 16" Wheels and Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 16" Wheels and Tires

My dad has five (5) 16" soft 8 style black steel wheels and two (2) P265/70r16 Yokohama Geolander HTS tires for sale.

Wheels are 8" wide with 5" backspacing, 5x4.5" bolt pattern of course.

Tires are practically brand new, driven ONLY on pavement, for just a few months. He had a set of these tires on his stock 3rd gen explorer and put 80,000 miles on them before they hit the wear bar, and he could have put several thousand more miles on them before replacing.

These wheels and tires would be perfect for a stock or slightly lifted 3rd or 4th gen. explorer. Just buy 2 or 3 more matching tires for a complete set.

Looking for $150 for the 5 wheels and $100 for the 2 tires, so $250 for everything. Feel free to make an offer of whatever you think is a fair price. Would prefer not to separate, and would prefer not to ship.

Everything is located in Simi Valley, CA 93065. <----IF YOU ARE ON THIS SITE, YOU HAVE INTERNET ACCESS! USE SAID INTERNET ACCESS WITH THIS LOCATION TO CALCULATE SHIPPING! DON'T ASK ME!

I do not have pictures, but Google does. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn, EXACTLY what I've been looking for, but of course we're no where near close :rolleyes:

free bump for you anyway

Pix of wheels??

x2 on the pictures, i need a spare but wouldn't mind getting a whole new set of rims if they look better than what i have already...

I don't have pictures, and they are at my dad's house over an hour away from me. They look EXACTLY like this though:

260-3977834P.jpg

And this is what the tires looks like:

hBQsUCcetJIqgrf4lwb27MFjp31JU2g8ZY7KfGjb-xwHB1XS0A.jpg

Again, never been off the pavement.

I can try to get my dad to send me a couple of pictures.

Bump for pictures.

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

Bump

Exactly what I need but wouldn't be able to purchase for about a month, the wheels only I mean.

Will these wheel fit a 97? And if so what is the weight so I can get the shipping info. Im only a state away.

I know they will bolt up because the lug pattern is the same. I don't know how the backspacing/offset would work though. I think these wheels with so much backspacing would narrow your track width a little bit. What state are you in? Your location says Indiana, and that's more than one state away.

Exactly what I need but wouldn't be able to purchase for about a month, the wheels only I mean.

That's fine, they're just sitting in my parents' garage awaiting a buyer. I think he would be okay with selling just the wheels, but I'll have to double check with him.

Ok let me know thanks, just to make sure they would fit with bfgoodrich at 235/70/16? I only have my stock rims right now and I don't know much about wheels but these are the ones that I've been wanting to get.

Ah just realized you have an 03 sport. You might have the same problem as the other guy who posted before you. I've seen 3rd gen wheels on 2nd gens before and the offset/backspacing sucks the tires in so the trackwidth gets a little narrower. Not to say that they won't work, but it's just personal preference.

hmm idk, lemme investigate a little more and i'll get back to you. So im a maybe for now

A wheel spacer can fix the back spacing issue quite easily. A 1" or 1.25" wheel adapter would put the BS near where most run their wheels on the 3rd gens.

Lol no dude not Indiana, im in Idaho. Hmm so backspacing might be the problem.

Haha wow I feel dumb. I swear I'm smarter than that. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend a spacer, even though it might fix the backspacing issue for 2nd gens.

Haha wow I feel dumb. I swear I'm smarter than that. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend a spacer, even though it might fix the backspacing issue for 2nd gens.

Well I was thinking in the spacers as well. Since it's mostly highway, gravel and dirt trails in the mountain that I do. It's just AWD that's why I would go for a quick cheap buy for now and let the ones I with the backspacing I need for later when I do the 4x4 conversion. So if you can get me the weight and if it's just the rims better still I have no use for the tires.

By space I mean adapter. The ones that have their own lugs pressed into the metal. It doesn't stress the suspension anymore than a wheel with less BS. I've heard many good things about adapters as long as they have the correct center bore and are used correctly.

Also sorry I meant to change that to 2nd gens. Not 3rd. And actually the rear axle is better in the second gen and can easily handle the spacer in the rear. I have adapters on the rear in mine with 35s.

By space I mean adapter. The ones that have their own lugs pressed into the metal. It doesn't stress the suspension anymore than a wheel with less BS. I've heard many good things about adapters as long as Rey have the correct center bore and are used correctly.

I've used these before they work great, but like I said I would go with the cheap buy since I'm going 15'' in the future. 15'' are cheaper tires and easier to come across than 16''.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mustve misunderstood you there. Also an 03 Sport has te same suspension as 2nd gen just like the 1st gen STs

Back