Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I put our ST on my lift today and photographed the undercarriage while everything is still nice and clean. I am providing this for future reference.

I was surprised at the lower control arm setup. I have never before seen a two piece lower control arms or two lower ball joints before.

balljoints.jpg
caliper_left.jpg
caliper_right.jpg
driveshaft_rear.jpg
gastank_skidplate.jpg
rear_diff.jpg
rear_driveshaft_fr.jpg
rear_lower_controlarm.jpg
transfercase.jpg
transmission_pan.jpg
front_driveshaft_ujoint.jpg
front_driveshaft_ujoint2.jpg
muffler.jpg
lower_controlarm.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice FoMoCo parts I like how tucked up everything is alot of ground clearance.

My merkur scorpio has the same looking rubber puck in the driveshaft. It left me walking once.

I put our ST on my lift today and photographed the undercarriage while everything is still nice and clean. I am providing this for future reference.

I was surprised at the lower control arm setup. I have never before seen a two piece lower control arms or two lower ball joints before.

View attachment 325568View attachment 325569View attachment 325570View attachment 325571View attachment 325572View attachment 325573View attachment 325574View attachment 325575View attachment 325576View attachment 325577
This is how it will look after a year and 12,000 miles!

20201128_150538b.png

20201210_134746.jpg

wow hbalek, it looks clean even after one year.

wow hbalek, it looks clean even after one year.
Yes and most importantly no coolant or transmission fluid leaks detected. I had my service advisor confirm this when I got an oil change last week. He said the area looked bone dry when they had it on the lift.

Nice I hope everything stays that way... I'm seeing a tiny exhaust leak just fyi on the passenger side on the I used my terminator eye that's going to rust.

Maybe send a sample of your oil in to be analyzed?
These engines have been in the "news" alot lately

What about the oil?
Everyone with a 2020 needs to check for tranny oil leak at the trans cooler seen from the drivers side door underneath. It'll be wet and maybe dripping oil if you have that problem.

Overall, I am impressed at the quality of the suspension components. Pretty stout and high quality. I've seen pics of a Telluride suspension and didn't think it looked as robust. The rear suspension was something new to me, glad someone posted tips on how to change the springs in the rear. Front and back lowering is pretty straightforward on our cars, about 3 hours for a DIYer.

Back