3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues

tempestxii

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
Before the update the Bluetooth Streaming from my phone worked pretty well.
But now, even when my phone is already linked up, when I choose the BT stereo option it has to connect again and then it cuts in and out constantly.

I have also noticed that BT Stereo option never shows up on the console next to the speedometer. I used to be able to switch to it with the steering wheel buttons and now that is not an option. :(

anyone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a BT Stereo issue.....

Sometimes it works perfectly. When I say sometimes, maybe 3 out of 10 times....

Most of the time one of the following happens.....

*Doesnt play through the car, just through the phone...whats funny is that if I hit the next track button, the track changes and continues to play through the phone, AND, the song title and artist display on the myford touch screen....have to turn off the bluetooth on the phone and back on, then reconnect it to the car for it to work properly.

* It will not connect to the car, i hit the voice button, say "Bluetooth Stereo" then the car says "There is no Bluetooth Stereo Device currently connected. Sync is trying to pair with a previously sync'd device"...I may have to do that once or twice depending on the mood of the car that hour...then it will come on....if it plays through the car or the phone, thats a different story....

* Will not play at all ...at which time I have to turn bluetooth off of my phone, reset my phone, turn the car off, wait for about 2 minutes, turn the car back on, re-pair my phone with sync, then it will play.

* Plays fine, but the text just shows chinese, korean, and japanese characters.

I have a BT Stereo issue.....

Sometimes it works perfectly. When I say sometimes, maybe 3 out of 10 times....

Most of the time one of the following happens.....

*Doesnt play through the car, just through the phone...whats funny is that if I hit the next track button, the track changes and continues to play through the phone, AND, the song title and artist display on the myford touch screen....have to turn off the bluetooth on the phone and back on, then reconnect it to the car for it to work properly.

* It will not connect to the car, i hit the voice button, say "Bluetooth Stereo" then the car says "There is no Bluetooth Stereo Device currently connected. Sync is trying to pair with a previously sync'd device"...I may have to do that once or twice depending on the mood of the car that hour...then it will come on....if it plays through the car or the phone, thats a different story....

* Will not play at all ...at which time I have to turn bluetooth off of my phone, reset my phone, turn the car off, wait for about 2 minutes, turn the car back on, re-pair my phone with sync, then it will play.

* Plays fine, but the text just shows chinese, korean, and japanese characters.

Are these issues new to 3.5.1 update?
not that it worked flawlessly....ever.. but it sure seems a whole lot worse now!

Yes, that's right. Ford has made a mess of things again. MFT is going screwy for me again. I'm currently looking at replacing mine. Just looking for the best trade in value. Here in Canada a fully loaded 11 Ltd is going for around 29k...... Sad. Car has depreciated 25K in just under 2 years. Remind me again why I buy new?

Yes, that's right. Ford has made a mess of things again. MFT is going screwy for me again. I'm currently looking at replacing mine. Just looking for the best trade in value. Here in Canada a fully loaded 11 Ltd is going for around 29k...... Sad. Car has depreciated 25K in just under 2 years. Remind me again why I buy new?

For the smell?

They gave me $34,000 for my 2011 LTD Ex. 18,000kms full load black on black.

So you paid about FIFTY FOUR Thousand for an LTD?

Add these issues to the latest update. The radio still comes on by itself when exiting the vehicle. Sync will not show up on my sync after sending a vehicle health report. Also, the latest upgrade not showing up on my site. Called Ford and they said it was a software issue on their site and it will be fixed early next year. I won't hold my breath for that to happen. Otherwise the new update is flawless so far. Even the navigation works well.
I've had my 2011 explorer since Dec. 2010 and it finally after 19 visits to the dealer, everything works. It is a great vehicle but would I buy another one? That is the big question.
I also agree with the tradein values offered on a new one are very low. The best I could find was 23400 for a fully loaded XLT with 35000 miles on it trading for a 2013 with the same equipment. For a vehicle that stickered out at over 39,000 that is a big hit for 2 years of use. Hopefully with the extended warranty that Ford gave me for free will allow me to go 2 more years with it.

FireRunt I have the same Bluetooth issues with v3.5.1 running iOS6.0.2 on iPhone5

Works fine sometimes, then won't even connect to the phone even though it shows connected in the top left yellow corner for phone info.

In the DIC it shows no BT connected option.

Tons of issues with bluetooth on my new LTD with 400 miles on it, running 3.5.1.

My iPhone 4S running iOS 6.01 experiences bluetooth audio dropouts consistently, approximately every 10-15 seconds.

I also get bizarre Chinese characters that show up in song / artist titles as well.

Tons of issues with bluetooth on my new LTD with 400 miles on it, running 3.5.1.

My iPhone 4S running iOS 6.01 experiences bluetooth audio dropouts consistently, approximately every 10-15 seconds.

I also get bizarre Chinese characters that show up in song / artist titles as well.

I have exact same issues running iOS6.1 iPhone5 with latest MFT 3.5.1

Im still amazed how QC or Field Testing doesn't find these before release.

I'm betting that Ford is more concerned with the Android platform than Apple platform since Android and Windows account for about 70% of the market.

I'm betting that Ford is more concerned with the Android platform than Apple platform since Android and Windows account for about 70% of the market.

Sorry, but your number is completely wrong:

iPhone is 53% of market.

Android is 41.9% of market.

Windows Phone is 2.7% of market.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellycl...phone-now-third-most-popular-platform-in-u-s/

You'd think that with a platform that represents the majority of smartphone users in the county, Ford would be able to deal with something as basic as Bluetooth audio streaming.

I was just about to say .........not likely Android has 70% of the market.

Maybe 70% of the market at Microsoft HQ in Bellevue WA, but thats it.

I've seen that article It's talking about sales for a twelve week period which includes , I believe, when Apple introduced new model.

" While Apple shares have been dropping recently, a new report from Kantar Worldpanel Comtech has revealed that during the last 12 weeks, Apple has sold its highest-ever share of smartphones in the U.S. with over 53%. Android is not far behind, with 41.9% of smartphone sales – and surprisingly, Windows Phone edged out RIM as the third most popular platform during the past 12 weeks, now accounting for 2.7% of all purchases in the U.S".

I'll try and find the article I referring to.

Here is a couple of articles although not the one I was referring to.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo...-continue-to-gain-us-smartphone-market-share/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/13/tech/mobile/google-schmidt-android-ios

My apologies for getting off the subject of this thread.

I was just about to say .........not likely Android has 70% of the market.

Maybe 70% of the market at Microsoft HQ in Bellevue WA, but thats it.

I did not say Android alone has 70% of market.
I must clarify my error in stating Anroid and Windows. Should have said all other platforms.:notworthy

Same issues for me with recent upgrade to 3.5.1. Before that no issues streaming bluetooth audio from iphone 5. Now, I have to choose from the touchscreen, not the steering wheel controls. I get a message "connecting", then music starts playing. Unfortunately, once the music starts, it skips to the next song on the playlist/album every 15-25 seconds - acts almost like the old scan options on radio searching stations. This whole system is so damn frustrating. I want to like my explorer so much but these tech issues are frustrating on a $42k vehicle. I'm not ready to cut my losses just yet but I will certainly be dumping this thing before the warranty expires if Ford can't get it right.

Did you try the reboot app? Seems I have to use it after every upgrade to straighten MFT out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IVT Team

Rebecca..anyone?
This is really frustrating! I have done three upgrades to MFT in the past 18 mos at least one of which was sold as a major overhaul and it is still plagued with problems.
Will there be real fix?:(

Back