• Register Today It's free!

Leaf Springs

McCormack

Reaction score
City, State
S.E. WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger
The rubber thingie (circled in red) is coming out of my rear leaf spring pack - what is it called and where can I get one?

Ranger_zpsa2f21176.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Check with member Scott B. as he just replaced these in one of his Rangers..;)

Actually, I replaced the entire spring pack...

The "pad" is not coming out, it has just been compressed over time and is flowing.

To answer your question, most any spring shop should have them. You will have to take your spring packs apart to install new ones. While they are apart, you might want to wire brush and paint the leaves.

Member Brian1 just rebuild the springs on his Explorer. Might want to check that thread for ideas.

OK, thanks for the replies. The pad in question migrated about 8" from where it's supposed to be (the retaining nipple sheared off), and it's located on the end of the pack that doesn't have the bracket/clamp on it so I should be able to jack the truck up and spread the leafs apart with a screwdriver and install a new pad. Hopefully that will take care of the metallic rapping noise that I've been getting from that corner of the truck when I hit bumps.

When I did the F-150 leaf spring upgrade they got cut off in the process and I haven't had a problem without those pads

Back