We picked up a 2014 sport today | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We picked up a 2014 sport today

segen77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport - Red
We picked up an explorer sport today. Had to drive about an hour to get the deal, but it was worth it. Got more on my trade, 10% off MSRP, and 0% for 72 financing. We're pretty happy.

There's only two things we need.

First, we have a chamberlain garage door opener, but don't have the remote any more. Is it possible to program homelink, or do I need to go buy a replacement remote first?

Second, Can anyone recommend a good set of aftermarket running boards? My wife is vertically challenged, and needs an extra step as this is her main vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will need the remote us you will need the car2u repeater.

As blwnsmoke mentioned, you will need the hand held transmitter. The programing instructions are in your Owner's Guide. It is on page 180 if you have the 2nd printing of the Guide.
You should also update your profile now with the year and model (2014 Sport) of your Explorer so it shows in the margin.
There is a 17 page thread on running boards;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344923&highlight=dee+zee
Happy motoring. :):thumbsup:

Peter

I'll throw in my $0.02 on the running boards: Ionic CVX. They are ridiculously strong and look perfect. The only drawback is that you have to drill four holes in the pinch weld, but they can't be seen and the boards are way more solid than many of the other ones out there.

Got a great deal on mine here (they are actually made by SteelCraft):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-72-...11|Model:Explorer&hash=item4ac7aa40da&vxp=mtr

Thanks. I went and purchased a new remote and programmed it to the opener. I'll try to connect it to the home link later.

Back