• Register Today It's free!

What is this engine part?

CobraJohn

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I removed my plastic engine cover on my X-Sport and saw this part sticking out of the top of the motor. It looks like its been modified? The Sport was at the dealer for some work and not sure if they did something, but it just doesn't look right. I can't imagine it coming from the factory like that. I'm wondering if your part looks like this? The top looks like its been cut on.

EnginePart_zps706e88af.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hard to tell where that picture is in the engine bay. Without going outside and popping the hood my guess would be the mount broke off the bottom of the engine cover and is still attached to the rubber nipple that it grips on to. Just a guess though.

The size of that pic doesn't help either. Should upload your pics to 'photobucket' etc.

I did use photobucket

Looks like one of the engine cover hold downs, when you push the cover down it snaps onto the rubber to secure it. Looks like someone pushed to hard, flip your cover and see if its broke.

It doesn't improve by enlarging the current photo. I tried but it became too grainy. Most of the problems here are that the pics are too large. 800X600 should be about the max.

Peter

yeah,,look on the back of the plastic cover , i bet it came off the back of it,,

Yes you can 'down size' a big pic no problem, but doesn't work the other way round!

Me tinks he's got the camera set on 'million pics' for his card, instead of max resolution. :D Resize in 'Photobucket.

Forums are all about posting pics of what you've got, but posting a cropped undersized pic, and asking people to identify a part is self defeating IMO.

frank

It doesn't improve by enlarging the current photo. I tried but it became too grainy. Most of the problems here are that the pics are too large. 800X600 should be about the max.

Peter

Back