Opinions on fender flares | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions on fender flares

01momogti

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I'm torn on what to do with my flares, I took them off to paint them but can't decide if I should put them back on or leave them off. I like the how it looks tougher without them but I also like the updated look it gives the body. Idk. I'm torn. What do you guys think?

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think they look newer AND tougher with them. Flaring out, to me, means that you have some bigass tires and you're trying to keep flying mud to a minimum :)

I think they look cool. I would paint them black tho.

those are off of a 2nd gen, right?

leave, dont paint black either

I think you should leave them off and box them up and mail them to me.

I think it looks better with them. I'm adding some to my 91 soon. They would look good black. How did you have them mounted? I don't see any holes for the mounting clips.

Leave them on. They look good with the 2nd Gen wheels. Don't paint them black.

Looks a little Jeep Cherokee-y without them. Put them back immediately!

I'm running 33/12.5 and due to the narrow rear end, my tires don't even come out from the body in the rear. So I put the flares on top of that and it looks rediculous from the rear. Very very wide looks like a fat chick with fat hips and skinny chicken legs. Lol

I'm running 33/12.5 and due to the narrow rear end, my tires don't even come out from the body in the rear. So I put the flares on top of that and it looks rediculous from the rear. Very very wide looks like a fat chick with fat hips and skinny chicken legs. Lol

f7bb97ef462c42ff9dcbca24c175d1b5.jpg

It can't be that bad....lol.

on, body color.

Throw some spacers in the back then if you want a wider track width. When I put mine in I will be adding 1.25" spacers in back to bring the wheels out more. The front sticks out a lot more then the rear does.

You didn't bother to answer my question so I will ask it again, how did you have the flares mounted without using the factory mounting points that require holes in the side of the fender and rear quarter?

Back