2011 Lifted XLT Project | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Everything is done! :D
11805953_10206271326574582_1788501001_n.jpg

This thing is awesome! Mind me asking if this is the 0mm/4.75" set up? I'm putting a 2016 together for SEMA and have wheels and tires on order and just trying to get a feel where everything is going to sit.

I did a ton of research on here to see where certain wheel sizes/offsets and tire combinations sit and this just got me a little worried that I may have gone a little to aggressive haha.

Also, any chance you have other pics of the front/rear three quarter to see how far out the tires are?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thing is awesome! Mind me asking if this is the 0mm/4.75" set up? I'm putting a 2016 together for SEMA and have wheels and tires on order and just trying to get a feel where everything is going to sit.

I did a ton of research on here to see where certain wheel sizes/offsets and tire combinations sit and this just got me a little worried that I may have gone a little to aggressive haha.

Also, any chance you have other pics of the front/rear three quarter to see how far out the tires are?

I can take a couple pictures for you. and with the tires I have, just had to do a little trimming behind the front wheels on the fenders and on the pinch weld down there. To me, no big deal. A big deal to some though

I can take a couple pictures for you. and with the tires I have, just had to do a little trimming behind the front wheels on the fenders and on the pinch weld down there. To me, no big deal. A big deal to some though

Rad, thanks for replying to quick!

I figured I'd have to do a little modifying with the specs I went with so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well it's been a bit since I updated this, so I'll just let the timeline of the pictures speak for themselves, but this is a list of a couple things I've done:
- iPad mini mount for the dash
IMG_1911.jpg

- Tinted all windows to 20%
IMG_1951.jpg

- Blacked out the headlights on the inside
IMG_2099.jpg

|__> Tinted the turn signals too much, so made my own with led strips
2011 Explorer Custom Turn Signal
- Added LED strips for rear cargo lighting because it's garbage
IMG_2071.jpg

- Bent down my lightbar/hooked up the lightbar
IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_2092.jpg

- Removed blue plastic-dip from roof rack
IMG_2050.jpg

- Removed that thing on the bottom of the front bumper
IMG_2102.jpg

- Added the "EXPLORER" lettering to the hood and plastic-dipped blue.
IMG_1923.jpg
IMG_2049.jpg

UP NEXT:
- LED puddle light conversion and reverse/turn signal LED conversion
- American Flag Mount on the rear somewhere
- Setina Push Bar w/ 30" lightbar
- Tow package (either factory or aftermarket)
- MAYBE.. headrest monitors
- MAYBE.. Harris center console w/PA in the hood

Thoughts and opinions always welcome!

Well it's been a bit since I updated this, so I'll just let the timeline of the pictures speak for themselves, but this is a list of a couple things I've done:
- iPad mini mount for the dash

This I'd love to see! :bounce:

UP NEXT:
- LED puddle light conversion and reverse/turn signal LED conversion
- American Flag Mount on the rear somewhere
- Setina Push Bar w/ 30" lightbar
- Tow package (either factory or aftermarket)
- MAYBE.. headrest monitors
- MAYBE.. Harris center console w/PA in the hood

Thoughts and opinions always welcome!

Please post more pics of this rig! I am trying to see if a Traxda lift and 265/60/18 tires will rub bad on my police steel wheels.

What mount did you use for the mini?

Awesome, thanks for the pic! My wheels just came in and I'll be mounting them up once the car is out of the paint shop but it looks like I may be a hair further out than your set up. I'm possibly looking into making some fender flares so we'll see. Thanks again!

What mount did you use for the mini?
It's called "ExoGear". Pretty cheap alternative, I think it was only $50?

Awesome, thanks for the pic! My wheels just came in and I'll be mounting them up once the car is out of the paint shop but it looks like I may be a hair further out than your set up. I'm possibly looking into making some fender flares so we'll see. Thanks again!
Let me know if you make those flares! Would love to see them.

Man, I just joined this forum, got my Ex in June and have been trying to find lift builds on these 5th gens.

Yours is bad!! Totally what I am looking at doing. I noticed you used 265/70/17's, what brand tires? Are they All Terrains or Mud Terrains? Like most guys, I'd like to get as much tire under there as I can.

Let me know! Sick ride man!

Any new updates on new mods? You did a great job on everything in my opinion. Very nice looking Explorer.

Man, I just joined this forum, got my Ex in June and have been trying to find lift builds on these 5th gens.

Yours is bad!! Totally what I am looking at doing. I noticed you used 265/70/17's, what brand tires? Are they All Terrains or Mud Terrains? Like most guys, I'd like to get as much tire under there as I can.

Let me know! Sick ride man!
They are the Kelly Safari TSR's? I think. Seem to be all terrains, picked them up off of craigslist for a good deal so I had to do it. And yeah, I've been impatiently waiting for a legitimate lift kit to come out for it, but I don't think it'll happen.

Any new updates on new mods? You did a great job on everything in my opinion. Very nice looking Explorer.
No, not really anything new. I have my sound system in there and it seems to be rattling a couple things lose (duh... -.-) and I'm a stickler for little noises, so mainly just trying to figure those out. Although this weekend I may be putting in some LED tube DRL's in the front lights and a tow hitch on the rear and maybe fabbing up a nice AMERICAN flag mount to fly at her side. We'll see.

Has anyone come across any aftermarket shocks/struts to put on this puppy? My internet searching has become monotonous and yields no results.

Question

What size spacer did you use with those tires? Thinking about picking up some 265/60-18's (BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2) with the stock rims for the XLT and the lift kit real soon. Also for what its worth I did find another lift kit besides the Traxda that provides 3" in the front and 2" in the rear.

What size spacer did you use with those tires? Thinking about picking up some 265/60-18's (BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2) with the stock rims for the XLT and the lift kit real soon. Also for what its worth I did find another lift kit besides the Traxda that provides 3" in the front and 2" in the rear.

Where did you find another lift?! Would love to look at it!
I purchased some spacers for it, but the rims I put on, I believe, are 4.5" backspacing so I ended up not using spacers and now they just sit here lol. but I do rub the slightest bit full turn in reverse or full turn and hit a bump or something.

Bump! [MENTION=300665]McGillUSAF[/MENTION] would like to know also that new lift kit that you found. [MENTION=288599]Bowne24[/MENTION] anything else needs to be done/purchased aside from the lift and alignment? Planning to lift mine for dune bashing purposes.

Bump! [MENTION=300665]McGillUSAF[/MENTION] would like to know also that new lift kit that you found. [MENTION=288599]Bowne24[/MENTION] anything else needs to be done/purchased aside from the lift and alignment? Planning to lift mine for dune bashing purposes.
Try and find a kit that has a warranty to cover any drive train/power train issues that may arise since Ford will likely tell you that you've voided their warranty. This has happened before but the individual was able to get coverage because the kit he bought included that warranty coverage.

Peter

Makes me wonder what the track width is with those tires...if you happen to rememember, could you measure that? I want to compare to a full width solid axle...

I know this is an old thread but could post pics of where you cut the rear of the front fenders?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice project! Keep us posted as to any new Improvements.

Back