• Register Today It's free!

Moving On...

Tyleryac

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I just came from my local Ford dealer and left a deposit on a 2016 Fusion, loaded.

It has come time to sell the Exploder. See my craigslist ad below. Is there anything I should add/change on the ad. Is that a good price? Thanks

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5313289586.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd put 'by Ford' or '@ dealer' next to any services performed by the dealer. People like to know service was done at dealers.

After all the trouble you've recently went through, plus the $$$, it's surprising you bought another Ford. Anyway, good luck, I've heard Mexicans make the Fusion well.

Is $6,750 a good starting price?

I'm sure the Mexicans can make many things better than lazy-ass self entitled Unionized Americans.

I think your asking price is 'priced-to-sell.'

Of course, many seeing the work done may move on. May be worth skipping major engine and trans detail.

Also, why let go? You need another 5 years to get your money out of it.

I'm sure the Mexicans can make many things better than lazy-ass self entitled Unionized Americans.

I think your asking price is 'priced-to-sell.'

Of course, many seeing the work done may move on. May be worth skipping major engine and trans detail.

Also, why let go? You need another 5 years to get your money out of it.

Do you think I should take out the transmission and engine repairs?

I'd say 'some recent repairs' then remove the timing chain and trans. Then go from there as a buyer inquires. Only give info that's asked, as a general rule. You aren't hiding anything bad.

I think you could ask another grand or $1500, but that's also dependent on region. It looks to be in good shape. All the things you've listed on the ad show that problems have been fixed meaning the buyer won't have to worry about the regular maintenance that comes with higher mileage (ball joints and brakes are often overlooked by most).

I think you could ask another grand or $1500, but that's also dependent on region. It looks to be in good shape. All the things you've listed on the ad show that problems have been fixed meaning the buyer won't have to worry about the regular maintenance that comes with higher mileage (ball joints and brakes are often overlooked by most).

My Explorer was listed for $4,800. 2002 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 63,000 miles, Florida, Garage Kept, Little Old Lady.... I have EVERY Factory sticker on every part still... :eek: :)

However 4x4 did not work and a/c had a leak. Got it for$4,600.

Just for reference... Oh and it was listed Monday night, my uncle drove it away Wednesday morning.

Important note: Have you test driven it? My grandma has a 2014 Ford and one of aunts a 2015. Holy crap! They ride like a bag of hammers! I thought my 2002 explorer rode hard! It is no where near as harsh as new fords! :eek:

I also live in a upper middle class area so, people are willing to spend some money. I am staying at $6,750 for now. I will move to $6,500 by the end of the month if need be.

I took delivery of the Fusion today, awesome car.

I took delivery of the Fusion today, awesome car.
Do you anticipate any difficulty in moving from a truck to a mid-sized sedan? You will likely be buying a bit less gas at any rate.

LMHmedchem

That's one nice truck! I also have an 05. We have the same floor mats too. Good luck on the sale.

Do you anticipate any difficulty in moving from a truck to a mid-sized sedan? You will likely be buying a bit less gas at any rate.

LMHmedchem

It's irrelevant, I already bought the car. I like it better than the Explorer.

It's irrelevant, I already bought the car. I like it better than the Explorer.
I wasn't suggesting you take your Fusion back. I'm just interested to hear how you like the sedan compared to your truck after you have used it for a while. New cars are always sweet and I'm sure you will enjoy having your weekends to do something other than repair your old truck.

I have owned everything from a very small Sentra to a very large Caprice Classic LS Brougham. I did like that Caprice. When it was new it got almost 30mpg despite the 5.0L v8 and drove better than any of the Cadillacs I have rented. It would go close to 120mph if you had enough road to get it moving. Chevy has been making that power train forever and they have it nailed.

I have stuck with the truck for a while because I need to haul stuff from time to time and climbing up into the drivers seat is easier than the alternatives when I have to haul myself. (which isn't getting any easier)

LMHmedchem

To be honest, I was anticipating a big change from the Explorer to the Fusion. I don't feel any different in the Fusion, and I don't feel uncomfortable.

I am selling my drop in K&N filter with about 10k miles on it. If anyone is interested, send me a PM, we'll make a deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back