Suspension Lowering

DmLoCo9411

Reaction score
City, State
Mason City, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
Hi guy,

I have a 2007 Sport Trac Limited and i found a picture of another sport trac lowered about 3 inches, and i love the look of it. I was wondering if anyone has lowered their's and if so what parts would i need to lower mine.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many will tell you not to do it, but I cut a full coil off each corner. Bought brand new struts and coils, and slowly cut the coils as to not heat them up too much and ruin the temper of them. No issues getting Alignment.

Many will tell you not to do it, but I cut a full coil off each corner. Bought brand new struts and coils, and slowly cut the coils as to not heat them up too much and ruin the temper of them. No issues getting Alignment.

What was the stock height and then how much did it drop after cutting the coils?

It dropped 2" front and 2.5 rear. Going from 100k on originals to this, it felt a lot better.

I did the same to my STA, I ended up cutting two full coils off front and back. Wish I would have upgraded the shocks at the same time as it have about 70k miles on it. Still rides great and the alignment is good.

Lilfoot and Toddyfiveo...did you cut from the top of the springs or the bottom?

cut from the top

Anyone running into rear cv issues through the frame when its lowered? Im kind of worried to go up or down with ride height because of that design.

I've put about 15k on it since lowered, multiple trips with my bike and gear in the bed, and pulling my trailer with no issues.

How does it ride with cut springs?

it rides a heck of a lot better than it did with blown struts .

i just picked up a 2008 sta with 30k miles on it. i've always loved the look infact so much i just got rid of a 45k dollar 2016 sierra i bought brand new but finally found a low mileage sta. anyway my goal with this truck will be to do what ford should have done in the first place give it crazy power to go with the mean look. i know the 6r60 in the 08 is going to be my weak link will a 6r80 from a 09 up work? the r80 seems to have a better following circle d has nice converters for those but nothing but restall for the r60. ive seen a few posts that are years old of someone making headers. did this ever happen? if so where can i get them? i plan on cam full exaust head work and a tune to start and possibly the frpp intake depending on which fi route i decide to go. anyone have good suggestions on any of these parts. also yes i know the cams dont have great gains on these motors but this truck is getting the sound it deserves. thanks in advance for any help

Back