My Ranger 3.0 dieselSounds like a tractor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ranger 3.0 dieselSounds like a tractor

Tyork

Reaction score
City, State
SA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ranger 3.0 cdri
After I bought this ranger 3.0 crdti.I discovered the injectors were shot so I have fitted new injectors my Ranger sounds like a tractor. It sounds like a loud tic tic. I have changed the copper washers under the injectors again but still makes the niose.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.
Unfortunately, Here in the US, the Diesel Ranger does not exist, but hopefully there are members here who have knowledge of the Diesel motor and can assist you.

Oil or fuel pressure issue? Just to be clear I am not familiar with that motor either, just giving a suggestion for things to check.

Oil or fuel pressure issue? Just to be clear I am not familiar with that motor either, just giving a suggestion for things to check.
Thanks checked all that, all okay. Check valve timing also okay. It rides like a bomb no problems just the noise from the engine makes me worry. I drained the engine oil again for the second time to check far metal particles and found none.

Thanks checked all that, all okay. Check valve timing also okay. It rides like a bomb no problems just the noise from the engine makes me worry. I drained the engine oil again for the second time to check far metal particles and found none.
What i may not have said is that my Ranger has the 3.0 Durratec diesel motor in it.

What i may not have said is that my Ranger has the 3.0 Durratec diesel motor in it.
Which does not exist here in America, where this site is from.

Back