2020 Aviator | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator

This pricing the gentleman mentions in his segment is pretty low if true in 45k plus range. I hope the Explorer ST 2020 get a nice redesign. I guess it should be showing up soon out there ! Do you have any info on that ?

It makes sense though because by the time you add trims (especially black label) you will be talking $20k more so I'd easily expect to see it hit $65-70k.

Edit - what flying68 said lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think this vehicle looks awesome! Can't wait to sit inside one!

I will be going to the NY Auto show on Thursday. I hope to get some info on the 2020 Explorer...

I will be going to the NY Auto show on Thursday. I hope to get some info on the 2020 Explorer...

Doubt they will tell you anything, everything that I have been told from inside has been posted which isnt much.. I'm going next Saturday so cant wait to see the Aviator in person.

Doubt they will tell you anything, everything that I have been told from inside has been posted which isnt much.. I'm going next Saturday so cant wait to see the Aviator in person.
Post some pictures. I saw one where the exhaust was just a turned down pipe off of the muffler (the tips are just for show on the prototype). It is too bad it will be another year or so before we see it, but then again, I won't be ready to buy another vehicle until late 2019 or early 2020 anyway. Just hope I can get another 40,000 miles or so out of the explorer, 123k strong so far.

Post some pictures. I saw one where the exhaust was just a turned down pipe off of the muffler (the tips are just for show on the prototype). It is too bad it will be another year or so before we see it, but then again, I won't be ready to buy another vehicle until late 2019 or early 2020 anyway. Just hope I can get another 40,000 miles or so out of the explorer, 123k strong so far.

I'm 2 years away so timing is perfect. End of the first MY so bugs should be worked out for the most part and rebates better then when it launches. 125k on my Explorer so we are in the same boat. But I have 31k more of warranty so I'm ok with that lol.

Was at the NY auto show yesterday.. The AVIATOR was STUNNING in person. This will be my next vehicle. This was the plugin hybrid.

20180407_160428.jpg

20180407_160444.jpg

20180407_160505.jpg

20180407_160528.jpg

20180407_160537.jpg

20180407_160550.jpg

20180407_160626.jpg

20180407_160631.jpg

20180407_160719.jpg

20180407_160847.jpg

20180407_160851.jpg

20180407_160906.jpg

20180407_160651.jpg

Any information on drivetrain? If this gets the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 that is in the navigator, it would be a very good luxury vehicle.

Looks like it has the a-pillar plastic trim. Was hoping the new platform would be metal down the a-pillar like our MkC.

Any information on drivetrain? If this gets the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 that is in the navigator, it would be a very good luxury vehicle.
My guess is the 2.7t tuned to about 385hp/400lb-ft with the electric motor adding another 150/150 or so. The current 2.7t in the MkX is 335/380.

No way they will put the 2.7 in the Lincoln. It has been "rumored" 3.0TT that is in the MKZ and others and then 3.3 hybrid.

Read an article today saying that the Aviator that was at the NY Auto Show is in fact an Aviator 'Concept' and that some minor changes could still be made before the actual production version is released in late 2019.
EDIT: Found the link again; 2020 Lincoln Aviator Spied Wearing Useless Camouflage

Peter

Read an article today saying that the Aviator that was at the NY Auto Show is in fact an Aviator 'Concept' and that some minor changes could still be made before the actual production version is released in late 2019.

Peter
Lincoln has been pretty clear in all of their materials that it is a "Production Preview" what ever that means. I have read several of the auto journals that say they believe the overall shape and style will remain the same with things like the side mirrors becoming larger (to comply with safety standards) and other things like exhaust, lights, interior components to be more production friendly. I think it is much more production representative than the Navigator Concept was, but then again that was a few years before the new Navigator started to appear at dealers.

From all the pictures, the only things I would change would be the A and D pillars. I hate the plastic on the current Explorer and would love to see that in metal on the Aviator and new Explorer. Our MkC doesn't have plastic, so I don't see why the new platform would have to be plastic.

Peter

A Production preview is essentially 95% of the vehicle you see. What they may change is something like the side view mirrors to more of a usable mirror.

That camo'd vehicle is probably the one I was seeing around here recently... :)

Opinion: Hopefully they change those wheels before production.:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm I'm torn...I love my 2016 Mkx but it hasn't exactly held up like I would want a 63k car to but this is beautiful. I planned on turning it in, in December but maybe I'll hold out for this. My friend has the 18 Navigator and it's a beautiful car.

Back