Receiving data, advise occupants | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Receiving data, advise occupants

tlveik

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
I get this message every time I start up. What does it mean?

"SYNC connect is receiving data and location for remote features. Advise occupants."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It means SYNC Connect is starting up/updating and the occupants won't be able to use the data connection.

Hmmm. I don't have hot spot enabled. Must be something else?

Tom

ie Ford knows where you and your vehicle are at, at all times. Everyone in your vehicle should be made aware of this. It's CYA for Ford.

After the message then it also says "To disable, see owner guide" Is that referring to the the "feature" that caused this message or is it referring to the message itself? I can't find anything in the owner guide about this?

Tom

After the message then it also says "To disable, see owner guide" Is that referring to the the "feature" that caused this message or is it referring to the message itself? I can't find anything in the owner guide about this?

Tom
See page 421 in your Manual. It may have to do with the 'Privacy'. If not, there are phone numbers listed there that may help you.

Peter

I believe you will have to perform and master reset and not use Fordpass. The only sure way to disable it will be to remove power from or unplug the TCU.

Back