• Register Today It's free!

Edelbrock IAS

302nitrous

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer sport
so I’ve done some research and found them but nothing specific for the explorer. Lookin for a good shock for launching out of the hole.

Do they still exist

Part number?

My explorer is a 99 rwd if that info helps at all?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a pair of new ones that I bought for my 96 4WD. Never put them on since I never ran across the other pair. Unsure if they are for the front or back, but if interested, I could try to find them in my garage. PM me if so. I don't know if they will even fit yours since it's 2WD.

I have a pair of new ones that I bought for my 96 4WD. Never put them on since I never ran across the other pair. Unsure if they are for the front or back, but if interested, I could try to find them in my garage. PM me if so. I don't know if they will even fit yours since it's 2WD.
Not really sure how to pm. I’m new to the forum

You can click a members name and select “start a conversation”.

You might want to consider Rancho 9000x’s as you can adjust the damping, or add a set of bags in the rear. I’ve had both, and loved the bags.

There was a set of IAS shocks for lowered Explorers. I have those used, they came with the Explorer Express suspension kit. I think only the range of travel was slightly different, I'd use them for a normal height truck too.

You might want to consider Rancho 9000x’s as you can adjust the damping, or add a set of bags in the rear. I’ve had both, and loved the bags.

I wonder if the Rancho shocks would be good for my work, lots of cornering and braking, with a normal ride height?

There was a set of IAS shocks for lowered Explorers. I have those used, they came with the Explorer Express suspension kit. I think only the range of travel was slightly different, I'd use them for a normal height truck too.

I wonder if the Rancho shocks would be good for my work, lots of cornering and braking, with a normal ride height?
I had them on at stock height, as well as with WAR153 shackles. Before the shackles I had some squat in the rear. I liked them. Spendy, but good performance and lifespan.

Thanks, I have the not special Sensatracs on my 99, with about 75 on them. I'd like to try something different.

I had the IAS for 150K + before they finally gave up the ghost. Great shock, but a little stiff.

Could not find any replacements I guess they quit making them, at least for the Explorer.
I went with KYB for the heck of it and man, this truck rode fantastic.

For a month.

Bilsteins will be next.

Back