2020 Explorer | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is D-plan and A-Z plan ?

D = invoice minus holdback. It is what the dealer actually pays for the vehicke and what dealer employees buy vehicles for.

A = Ford corporate employees pay

Z = Ford corporate retirees pay (same as A)

X = Suppliers pay

Meaning someone who works for a company other than ford but supplies parts and/or materials to ford, but not necessarily for the particular vehicle in question.

Like me, I work for a large global steel mill that supplies steel coils to ford to stamp out body panels. The advantage to working for a supplier is if your not brand loyal like I am, you usually get a discount on multiple brands. We get Ford, GM, FCA (fiat chrysler america), nissan, mitsubishi, subaru, hyundai, kia, volvo, range rover, jaguar, and BMW. And we used to get aston martin until ford sold it.

We don't get anything under the VW umbrella, mercedes, honda or toyota. Oh and we do get anything FCA owns except Ferrari, like Maserati, and alfa romeo

X = Suppliers pay

Meaning someone who works for a company other than ford but supplies parts and/or materials to ford, but not necessarily for the particular vehicle in question.

Like me, I work for a large global steel mill that supplies steel coils to ford to stamp out body panels. The advantage to working for a supplier is if your not brand loyal like I am, you usually get a discount on multiple brands. We get Ford, GM, FCA (fiat chrysler america), nissan, mitsubishi, subaru, hyundai, kia, volvo, range rover, jaguar, and BMW. And we used to get aston martin until ford sold it.

We don't get anything under the VW umbrella, mercedes, honda or toyota. Oh and we do get anything FCA owns except Ferrari, like Maserati, and alfa romeo
X plan is also available to Ford stock holders and friends / family of Ford employees. Like you though I get mine through our parent company that happens to own a supplier of fuel systems and other components.

There are some restrictions on the X plan, and the other plans too. You can not use the plans on certain vehicles, like the GT supercar, the raptor and the GT 350. Other manufacturers have similar restrictions, except BMW. I can use their supplier discount on anything they make, from a base model 1 series all the way up to a 150K M6 convertible and everything in between.

I think the "Ford Employee Pricing" combined with the $1000 Costco rebate is one of the best deals that I've seen over the years I've been checking prices.

Peter

I think the "Ford Employee Pricing" combined with the $1000 Costco rebate is one of the best deals that I've seen over the years I've been checking prices.

Peter
This forum is just a wealth of information! We get a A plan pricing but we weren't aware of the $1000 Costco rebate! Makes it feel like there's some incentive, even though there likely will not be. Great info, thanks!

I was also not aware of that. Could not see the $1000 rebate on the Costco site but... I assume it shows up during the quote preparation phase. Costco is getting really hard to match for big stuff.....Used Costco for our last few family vacations - nobody could come close to their deals. Example...on our last trip to Jamaica (in addition to the best deal) ... they added something like a $700 Costco store credit.

The Costco rebate offer/promotion is only available during certain times. When it is offered, in order to use it you must have been a Costco member for a certain number of months before the promotion is offered. That is to avoid people signing up just to get the deal. I think it is offered about 2 or 3 times a year in Canada and usually is in effect for a month or so.

Peter

There are so different clubs you can join for rebates. There is a mustang club that gets you a $750 rebate off a vehicle and a horse club as well for the same amount. Costs $50 to join them.. cant combine the 2 together. But you can use 1 of them on xplan.

On top of that, Id expect a $500 rebate at a minimum on the 2020. When the 2011 lainched, they had a $1,000 right out of the gate and dropped it down to $500 about a month later.

Just got quoted, without A plan pricing:
$60,120.00 ---- Yikes!

Includes:
ST-street pack
Upgraded paint (Rapid Red or LUCID red, really depends on the page you're reading!)
Moonroof
mud flaps
Premium tech package

Declined:
entertainment system
wheel locks
block heater
cross rails
did I miss anything?

Just got quoted, without A plan pricing:
$60,120.00 ---- Yikes!

Includes:
ST-street pack
Upgraded paint (Rapid Red or LUCID red, really depends on the page you're reading!)
Moonroof
mud flaps
Premium tech package

Declined:
entertainment system
wheel locks
block heater
cross rails
did I miss anything?

Yes, you missed you getting raped on the price. Invoice is a few dollars under $57,500 for that. You shouldn't be paying any more than invoice less rebates.

Does anyone have update on when we can officially order 2020 and when BUILD YOUR OWN WILL BE AVAILABLE at ford?

Yes, you missed you getting raped on the price. Invoice is a few dollars under $57,500 for that. You shouldn't be paying any more than invoice less rebates.

Which model are your guys talking about? Platinum ST or ST.

57,500 is the the invoice price which includes all the options, sunroof, track pack and all other options? Then that invoice price amount is what we should be paying for the top ST model.

Platinum ST?? :dunno:

Peter

I don't know why it will cost us around invoice to get a loaded Ford ST for 58K. Other options are available too. Passport BMW gives
Listing Summary
Dealer's Price: $62,520
MSRP: $68,645

A few K more and I would get a X5 19 4.0, M Sport package and other packages included. If Ford wont give me a good price off from MSRP then I will have to say goodbye to Ford.

Link: Used BMW X5 For Sale - CarGurus

Pay like 5K more this summer and get an X5 similarly loaded to the ST but much more nicer interior. I only started to notice this when I read an article that was posted in the other tread about the MSRP for ST going up 8K as compared to the 2019 model Sport. People will have options to buy import trucks if Ford does not give their customers good deal.

I don't know why it will cost us around invoice to get a loaded Ford ST for 58K. Other options are available too. Passport BMW gives
Listing Summary
Dealer's Price: $62,520
MSRP: $68,645

A few K more and I would get a X5 19 4.0, M Sport package and other packages included. If Ford wont give me a good price off from MSRP then I will have to say goodbye to Ford.

Link: Used BMW X5 For Sale - CarGurus

Pay like 5K more this summer and get an X5 similarly loaded to the ST but much more nicer interior. I only started to notice this when I read an article that was posted in the other tread about the MSRP for ST going up 8K as compared to the 2019 model Sport. People will have options to buy import trucks if Ford does not give their customers good deal.
I think you are making a false comparison. For starters the X5 is a 2 row (yes it is available with a completely useless 3rd row) and only has 335 hp. You will pay significantly more for the M design with over 400 hp. Also the features you get in a loaded ST are not in the X5 you linked to. To get equivalent features your MSRP goes up to $70k+. The X5 is also long in the tooth and BMW is not cheap to maintain.

Better, more comfortable interior is a personal opinion and everyone assigns their own value. For everything else you have to make sure you are comparing equivalent features.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love my Explorer, but as excited as I am for the 2020 ST, I can't justify spending the $60k. That's Expedition/Suburban money.

Back