Got body lift done (pics) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got body lift done (pics)

well i figure the welds will be stronger than bolts would be and i have no reason for the hitch to be removable.

if you weld it to the frame and something that isn't suppossed to happen does, then you risk bending the frame, with bolts they might just break off
that's what I fear not sure about it tho'

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like you have shackles and body lift in that first pic. once i get them on and they look too small im sure i could return them. but thanks for the heads up man, i appreciate it.

Yeah, lol, I was gonna edit it, but then I got lazy :p: I've got warrior shackles and a small TT adjust on it too, so that does make a difference, no doubt. Hopefully everything will look fine without the shacks/TT :cool:

if you weld it to the frame and something that isn't suppossed to happen does, then you risk bending the frame, with bolts they might just break off
that's what I fear not sure about it tho'

oh thats a good point, never thought about that. maybe i can find a way to cut the stock frame mounts off and then weld new mounts on the hitch. that way i can still bolt it on.

good lookin out jad:thumbsup:

so heres the new rubber:
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs:

P9040003.jpg

P9040005.jpg

Wow those look really good :thumbsup:

nice bro. gotta fix that exaust hangin down lol. looks good tho

ok great cause ive looked deep into this. everyone post their pictures and nobody really says how easy or hard it is haha. has anyone managed to get 35's on an explorer with just a body lift and tt and shackles? looks great by the way!

Maybe you looked too deep. TOP POST on the modified 2002 forum:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219234

It's a long thread, but walk through the whole thing beforehand... Roadbully, guitarfrk, and myself have a lot of info and pictures which will save you a LOT of headaches, throwing tools, and mistakes.

See pages 1 and 12 for the most "basics" info. Once you understand those pages (well, the longest posts on those pages), then look at the other pages for some finer details (making the bumper fit with the bumper cover, etc.)

theyre 265/75/16. could have gone with the 285s but i think it would have been a little overkill. plus they were like 20 bucks more a piece

new exhaust is getting installed tuesday to take care of the huge gap between body and tip

Looks great; better than that, really (so much better than stock, great just isn't enough). I love the aggressive tread on those tyres!

Nice man, looks like they fit just right. Glad to see everything went smoothly for ya. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup:.

thought this pic was awesome and had to post it. its with one side complete-
P9010077.jpg

here she is all cleaned up too-
P9060009.jpg

P9060005.jpg

how come you have texas plates, aren´t you in Colorado?

How do you like the tires have you tried them off road yet.

nope havent tried them offroad yet. but i am very pleased with them so far. i was extremely surprised with how quite they ride. i can hear a very slight whine while going 60+ but other than that they are super quite.

how come you have texas plates, aren´t you in Colorado?

just moved out here to colorado a couple months ago and havent got around to changing plates yet. i still have like half a year of registration and inspection in tx

so i finally snapped some pics of the truck with the exhaust done and thought i'd share. it is just a Flowmaster 50 SUV series SI/SO muffler back system.

tell me what you think!

P9090002.jpg

P9090003.jpg

P9090004.jpg

ps- the guy at the exhaust shop said it would be best to have the tip angled down like it is because the fords tend to have a lot of water spit out of the exhaust. i dont know how true that is but i think it turned out pretty well.

Looks great! The exhaust is the next thing geting done on mine as well...still have the factory exhaust hanging like yours was....not only does it not look right, it just doesn't sound....well....make any sound. It's like a *gasp* factory SUV.

I'm glad you didn't go with the dual exhaust....just doesn't look right on SUV's in my opinion.

This just reaffirms my thought that I should wait to get my exhaust done until after I do the body lift. That way, there's more space to run the dual pipes too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is one of the only trucks I've ever seen that came out looking great after a body lift. The bumpers line up perfect, the exhaust looks great, no ugly looking frame gap. You truck looks awesome, A++

Back