Ok to buy

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I am being told Ok to Buy has been reached and from a different person that they saw several transport trucks yesterday with 2020 Explorers on them leaving the factory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is very good news. Thanks for sharing, blwnsmoke!

Great news! Thanks for sharing

I trolled the Cassens web site for deliveries to dealers in the Columbus, OH area and Detroit, MI area and couldn't find any 2020 Explorers delivered yet - I have found a ton of Edges being delivered though. I will keep trolling daily until I find some, hopefully mine is in that list soon. We know it was sitting on the ramp a few days ago, I suppose it just depends on how fast they can reinspect it and then get it shipped.

@Sgt1411. Any way you can reach out to your contact to confirm? Wish I had an official announcement. I've been told that Fords system will allow them to be sold now so putting that together with trucks leaving the lot loaded with Explorers.. No way it is preproduction or demo modems loaded on trucks like that so I can only assume they are finally good to go.

I just checked my dealer's website--they have 9 different 2020 Explorers listed as "Vehicle is in transit." I assume that means they are indeed rolling out. Looks like four Limited, four ST, and one Platinum. Interestingly, only 5 have MPG shown. The Limited show as 20/27 MPG, and one of the STs shows 18/24. The other four don't have an EPA rating on their window stickers.

I just checked my dealer's website--they have 9 different 2020 Explorers listed as "Vehicle is in transit." I assume that means they are indeed rolling out. Looks like four Limited, four ST, and one Platinum. Interestingly, only 5 have MPG shown. The Limited show as 20/27 MPG, and one of the STs shows 18/24. The other four don't have an EPA rating on their window stickers.

That's a false positive lol. In transit on dealers website means, call us so we can sell you a vehicle.... not that it is actually shipped.

@Sgt1411. Any way you can reach out to your contact to confirm? Wish I had an official announcement. I've been told that Fords system will allow them to be sold now so putting that together with trucks leaving the lot loaded with Explorers.. No way it is preproduction or demo modems loaded on trucks like that so I can only assume they are finally good to go.

Got confirmation today no OKTB has been given yet.

The Tampa dealers have 9 ST's show on inventory with VIN numbers and descriptions. When I click on them it shows the window sticker with no prices, no EPA and a water mark not for sale. Is this undelivered dealer stock? Just letting customers know that they have confirmed units that will be arriving soon?

The Tampa dealers have 9 ST's show on inventory with VIN numbers and descriptions. When I click on them it shows the window sticker with no prices, no EPA and a water mark not for sale. Is this undelivered dealer stock? Just letting customers know that they have confirmed units that will be arriving soon?

The inventory is updating, some in Ft Lauderdale (ZIP 33313) now showing prices, EPA and the not for sale has been removed. Looks like OK to buy?

I am being told Ok to Buy has been reached and from a different person that they saw several transport trucks yesterday with 2020 Explorers on them leaving the factory.
Is that for US OR CANADA ?

The inventory is updating, some in Ft Lauderdale (ZIP 33313) now showing prices, EPA and the not for sale has been removed. Looks like OK to buy?

I have noticed that window stickers with an invoice date of June 1 or later have the mileage and pricing, but older ones like mine still don’t have the mileage. I was hoping the mileage showing on the window stickers would correlate with Ok To Buy, but it is likely just a prerequisite.

More and more are popping up on dealer sites and XLTs are starting to show. Maybe Ford’s original projection of don’t expect them on lots until July still holds.

I know mine is sitting on the ramp, I just hope it doesn’t get buried awaiting reinspection, I am still kind of kicking myself for not making sure my dealer placed it as a retail order.

I wonder if something changed in the past couple of days? If you go to my dealer's web site Ford Vehicle Inventory - Columbus Ford dealer in Columbus OH - New and Used Ford dealership Gahanna Westerville Dublin OH and check their inventory of 2020 Explorers, mine shows as "In Transit" while the rest show as "Dealer Ordered". Interestingly, they used to have 6 2020's on order, now there are only 5. Maybe the 6th got scrapped for failing inspection?

Also, if you search inventory for 2020 Explorers from Ford's site 2018 Ford Explorer - Search Inventory Most have the "dealer ordered" banner, but some don't (including mine)

I still couldn't find any being shipped on Cassen's web site though.

I think they go to "in transit" once they are built.. doesn't actually mean it left the ramp. I have seen many times over the years that it shows that and yet they sit at the factory.

I'll have another update on Tuesday for you. The same person saw another truck full of explorers on Thursday or Friday. Since O2B hasn't been reached, a comment was that these are probably the demo/testing units that are going to all the media/magazines etc.

I think they go to "in transit" once they are built.. doesn't actually mean it left the ramp. I have seen many times over the years that it shows that and yet they sit at the factory.

I'll have another update on Tuesday for you. The same person saw another truck full of explorers on Thursday or Friday. Since O2B hasn't been reached, a comment was that these are probably the demo/testing units that are going to all the media/magazines etc.
I was told by my dealer that all 2020 Explorer are to hit the dealers lot by late June early July.

I was told by my dealer that all 2020 Explorer are to hit the dealers lot by late June early July.

The only announcement that Ford has made to dealers was not to expect them to hit the ground till July or August at the earliest. This was communicated several months ago and haven't heard any different. Granted this isn't the only forum out there but every member here with a Retail order has a build date of at least the week of 6/17 or later.

So it does coincide with everything that is flying around out there. The question remains, will the 6/17 builds get pushed out even further.

Although a little annoyed, I am kind of glad I reordered again and have a late July build date.

The only announcement that Ford has made to dealers was not to expect them to hit the ground till July or August at the earliest. This was communicated several months ago and haven't heard any different. Granted this isn't the only forum out there but every member here with a Retail order has a build date of at least the week of 6/17 or later.

So it does coincide with everything that is flying around out there. The question remains, will the 6/17 builds get pushed out even further.

Although a little annoyed, I am kind of glad I reordered again and have a late July build date.
My 2020 Platinum is to hit the dealer end of July.

I was told on last Friday that my ST is to be built on 6/18 which is a week from Tuesday. It is a retail order. Will it not go into production till after the OK to buy is issued or will it be built and held to reinspect after OK to buy is issued? Guess everything hinges on OK to buy one way or another.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was told on last Friday that my ST is to be built on 6/18 which is a week from Tuesday. It is a retail order. Will it not go into production till after the OK to buy is issued or will it be built and held to reinspect after OK to buy is issued? Guess everything hinges on OK to buy one way or another.

Retail orders will NOT go into production until Ok to Buy is given. What you will see is everyone get pushed back respectively until it is given.

Back