• Register Today It's free!

NOS on a 99 sport sohc?

frj00

Reaction score
City, State
Allentown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4wd 4.0 SOHC
has anyone done this and talk about how they did this and if there was any problems.. i guess it would be the dry stuff right? pictures would be great but that's pushing it sorry:fire: :fire:

NOS IS A BRAND NAME. Nitrous can pretty much be put onto anything. As long as you do it right you will be fine. The install is simple. Just remember to use the throttle switch too. Tons of people skip it but it helps. To understand the risk of nitrous you need to know how it works. Obviously Nitrous Oxide is 2 parts. The nitrous part actualy has almost nothing to do with your power increase. Rather what you are doing by spraying is cramming OXYGEN into your motor. This can obviously cause your motor to run lean. That is why you need to only use it at WOT. Running lean can cause you to melt your mill so be cautious. TOO much nitrous is also bad. Err to the side of safety when unsure.

Oh almost forgot. Dry vs. Wet.
The difference is a wet system also needs fuel plumbing. Dry does not. Wet is safer in the long run all else being equal. Obviously dry is easier to install but not by much. Wet is rather easy too.

Could it be possible to run two tanks for to different stages. 50 hp stage 1 and 75 hp stage 2 without a huge meltdown? I'm assumming I should get a new ignition system with a retard? and a better chip from Diablo custom burned to take off thr restrictor and be ready for the extra intake charge.

Back