are these subs good?

Laddy

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/MTXT612X2D

the reviews are...anyone here know anything about them, I'm looking for a lot of bass at a low price and these looked good, plus i heard MTX is really good for bass from someone on here i forgot his name

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as cheap stuff goes i think thats one of the best choices there is.

im always impressed by the low end mtx subs.

They aren't bad subs.. Those are actually their middle of the line subs.. MTX has gotten better than a few years ago.. I know I kept returning Blue Thunders pretty much ever month or so cause they had glue issues..

i guess in a way they are middle of the line subs

i love mtx, but i think of everything below the 7500 series as low end

For what your looking for and your budget, that's a very good way to go

are those ones i listed better or the Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D
12" Subwoofer .... i can get those for $150 a piece plus shipping

kappa's are probably a little more higher end than those are.. Your not going to get boomy bass with kappa's .. Kappas are good sound quality subs..

oh, well i wouldnt want those then because i want bass

dude i have 1 MTX 6000A 10 puching it with a 600w amp ...... and i'm hitting around 130 ish but i do have a standard cab ranger..... it's a great sub i love it. BUT i'm not sure if this is true for the 12's or my wireing witch it is most likely to be......but after a whilelike 3 or 4 hours of playing it it will start missing beats or just stop playing....... and i'll slam my door and it wil come back on.... i'v noticed that the middle of the Sub is pretty warm. so i'm nto sure if thats the voil coil getting to hot or if it's my ground waire or something.... but all in all i love it and wouldn't trade it for any other sub in this price range

i'm going to have a professional install everything, and i doubt i'll be listening to it for 4 hours straight

Back