Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Performance mods for 5.0L

You can always revert back to your stock program. It saves a backup of your stock program. I bought mine from Cerra Racing, it is not on their website but they can get it for you. Ask for Mike or Roh. I forgot the price too, but they were the best price I could find. Cerra Racing
  2. P

That programmer is actually really cool. You can even change your shift points too with it. I am really happy with it.
  3. P

I have a 2000 Explorer Limited AWD 5.0L and am frustrated with the performance. I have the Superchips custom programmer and K&N which helped a bit, but I would like a little more. Any help is appreciated!
  4. P

New Flowmaster Cat-Back Duals for V8

One of my clients owns a fairly well-respected speed shop in my area (specializes in Mustangs, Vettes, and Vipers) and I was talking to him about putting a Flowmaster setup on my Explorer. Anyhow, A Flowmaster rep was visiting his shop the other day and told him that they just released a dual...
  5. P

Aftermarket sub & amp with factory Mach HU

So I take it the Subwoofer High Audio wires are speaker-level inputs for the amp? Which wire is the turn-on lead? I think those would be the only ones I need. All help is appreciated. Thanks!
  6. P

Aftermarket sub & amp with factory Mach HU

I did some searching but could not find exactly what I am looking for. I am looking for a wiring schema or some information that would allow me to pull signal from the factory sub wiring so that I can either convert (via line level) or wire directly into the aftermarket amp. I will be running...
  7. P

5.0L Problems....

I just bought a 2k Limited with a 5.0L and I was curious what were common problems with that Explorer and motor. Motor Trend said they have a problem with something internally with the motor. Does anyone want to shine some light on the topic for me. Thanks!
  8. P

Cruise Control and Horn Dead on my 00' Limited

Horn The horn was just a blown fuse, but I did not test to see if that fuse fixed the cruise control also. I cannot find a thing in the owners manual about a fuse or relay for the cruise control.
  9. P

When should I change spark plugs & wires on a 5.0L

I was wondering when I should expect to replace the plugs and wires on my 00' Explorer with 49k miles. It seems to run okay now, but I was reading about people with wire problems around 50k. I just was wondering when I should replace them and what brand I should replace them with for best...
  10. P

Cruise Control and Horn Dead on my 00' Limited

I just picked up my 2000 Ford Explorer Limited with 49k miles and on the drive home I realized that my Cruise Control and my Horn didnt work. The buttons light up on the steering wheel and my stereo and climate control buttons work perfectly. I was just curious if there was a relay or fuse that...
  11. P

Mach Audio System Questions?

FAQ I cant seem to find the audio FAQ? Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  12. P

MAC Cold Air INSTALLED

Whistling The whistling is caused by the intake itself. Manufacturer's dont accomidate for the whistling because any noises are usually muffled by the airbox. On my Contour SVT the problem was worse because it made a "MOOOSE" noise with an intake which sounded like a foghorn. Talk about...
  13. P

I have the 5.0. What can I do with exhaust?

Exhaust on 5.0L Id like to get that same Mustang 5.0 sound, what is it going to take? How does that guys Limited with duals sound? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
  14. P

Mach Audio System Questions?

I am taking delivery of an '00 Explorer Limited with the Mach audio system. I am curious what it consists of and what the stock subwoofer size is. Does it sound fairly decent for a factory sound system. Any information would be helpful. Thanks all!
Back