Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Some general 8.8 questions

look for the axle code on inside of drivers door on donor vwhicle, you are missing some numbers, chances are 3.27 open carrier, from the 7 across, at the 8's there should have been a raised dot meaning 8.8, the rest of numbers not sure about.
  2. X

Door-pins

would like to know how it turns out, I have always just replaced the whole hing which is a royal pain in the rear for the top one, didn't know pins were available
  3. X

intermittent starting problem

Just starting having a problem starting my explorer, 3 times today it would turn over but no start, each time I reset the key several times till I heard the fuel pump running then it would start fine. could this be a relay sticking? It happened once before, and there was a different fuel pump in...
  4. X

Modulator Valve

if you are replacing, remove the panel under the carpet near center console area, this is alot easier than trying to squeeze your hands in between the cat, and the tranny, it is held in place with one bolt
  5. X

Speedometer fluctuating & clicking

speedo cable dry? try lubing it, disconnect at the gauge panel, and spray some teflon grease down it, may smooth it out
  6. X

Gas Gauge Problems!

just went thru this myself, sounds like time to replace the sending unit, or when they replaced pump they did not secure the sending unit wire, may have come off, either way tank has to come back down, it took me all saturday to replace my pump and sending unit, good luck.
  7. X

Help! Trying to disconnect upper ball joint

for othewrs with difficulty seperating ball joints, or tie rods, easiest way is to hit the side of knickle with a 2 to 3 pound hammer, the shock releases the wedge. For half shafts, the inner side with the clip is what holds it in, sometimes a lite tap will get it to go in, other times a little...
  8. X

Lift spindles for 1st gen?

Okay, I'm game, what is the difference? Not to be difficult but to me a spindle is a spindle, it attaches the same way, only difference is control arms as opposed to beams. I wasn't sure about the lift spindles, I know at one time I had seen them, but that was years ago.
  9. X

well got pulled over today.

Heres from my experience in Novato, for the citations your screwed, Marin county is a tough place for that. I actually got pulled over when the cop thought I was driving on suspended license only to find I was being towed, he pulled up behind me with blue lights and all, if you could only see...
  10. X

well got pulled over today.

Thats funny, I am from Novato, where were you wheeling? The cops there used to love chasing me around, that's one reason I am no longer there :eek:
  11. X

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

summer town? my wife cousin knows the people that run it, he is into building buggies down in Hohenwald
  12. X

Cooling System Problem

The 91-94 explorers came with a 9 bladed fan, Fords replacement is a 10 bladed, they know they needed more cooling, also check yours for cracks, I had to replace mine, looked like it was getting ready to come apart. Secondly, if you have not changed the fan clutch, for every year old they loose...
  13. X

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

Is yours brown?, I live in Jackson and thought I was the only one around here in to explorers. I did see one a few months back, maybe yours on south side.
  14. X

for the cost, bent beams from somewhere like camburg would be better, look over on the rangerstation, probably easier to get 2 wheel drive help there.
  15. X

Buchvilleman

super good guy to deal with, definitely knows his stuff.
  16. X

F-150 coil spacers

bumped this for others to find part number easier.
  17. X

they are spindles, you can try chassis tech, or one of the other susension companies, they are out there, but hard to find with the ttb being out dated. Same as for the ranger, you used to be able to find for under 300, best bet now would be 2 or 3 inch lift coils, alot less money.
  18. X

Newbie here with alot of ideas

David, Stick with 8 inch wheels, the 10's will cause you to have to trim off front fenders, 32's will work good with the lift you are putting on there. I had 33's on 10's with 6 inches of lift and had to trim some, actually now that I think about it, your 91 doesn't have same trim, 10's may...
  19. X

Newbie here with alot of ideas

Hey, Glad to see you on here, great bunch of people to talk to. The coil spacers they are talking about are factory ford parts for a 93 f-150, about 35 bucks at the counter for both. For the rear you have 2 choices, add a leaf- pro comp from 4wheel parts for 29 bucks, or shackles, some use the...
  20. X

swapping in a 1354 in a manual sport

Thanks, I have an auto, just was hoping to stay manual, I may just have to go looking around some more to find a 4 wheeler tranny.
  21. X

I was affraid that would be the response I got, is it just the tail housing that needs swapping, or is the 2 wheel drive tranny totaly different
  22. X

I have a 2 wheel drive sport, and bought a 93 4x4 as parts, will the 2 wheel drive tranny bolt up to the transfer case??
  23. X

rear springs- how many leaves

okay, good mine is stock rear then.
  24. X

I thought my 4 door had more, funny thing is, the sports springs do not look like they have an after market spring in them. Thanks for the response, I thought I had read where the sports had the mono, and a buddies navajo sags in the back of his.
  25. X

I noticed on my 94 sport thr rear sets higher than the front, looking under it, it has 2 regular leaves and the overload spring. Is that stock, or have they been swapped, I can't remember how many my 4 door had.
Back