Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 problem

I was driving my truck the other night and it was raining pretty bad, so I decided to use the 4wd high for some added stability on the road. Switched it on, and the truck started making a god-awful noise, like a high pitched whining/hum. I flipped the switch back over to 2wd, and nothing, it...
  2. M

stuck in 4WD

Forgot to mention, I have a 99 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab V6 3.0L 4x4. I just posted to this thread, because it's Ford, and it's a similar problem. Also, how hard is it to remove the front drive shaft?
  3. M

stuck in 4WD

I have kind of the same problem going on here. Except something gave in mine, it's still stuck in 4wd, and some fluid or something is leaking from somewhere, as when the "give" happened, I could instantly smell something burning. I don't think it is the transmission, as I was able to shift fine...
  4. M

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

Not sure if this thread is alive enough for anyone to see this or not, but I got a set of the Reverse Indiglo Gauges for my 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6 4x4 Supercab. I installed them lastnight, and now my speedometer is not working right. It seems like it is sticking, and it doesn't start moving...
Back