Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

You should definately get the front end in the air and check the hub assemblies, cv joints/boots, ball joints etc. as well as rotating your tires (could be one tire worn funny). I wouldn't just start throwing parts at it though, it could get expensive in a hurry.
  2. B

A Stupid question about LIFTS....

If all you want is 2" of lift then why not just do a Torsion Twist up front and an Add-a-Leaf or Warrior Shackles in the rear.
  3. B

What did you do to your Explorer this weekend?

Have you tried rotating your tires? It could be some cupping/uneven wear on one of your front tires.
  4. B

How many explorers have you had?

;)My 98 is my first and only Explorer but I have owned some other Fords 1976 F150 Regular Cab Long Box - Bright Yellow, 3" BL, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, 390cid, first vehicle bought before I even had a license. Traded for 1979 Mustang. I still miss this truck to this day. 1979 5.0L Mustang...
  5. B

Everytime my wife drives the truck :rolleyes:
  6. B

recommendations

I just put KYB GR-2's on my 98 Explorer 4x4 this past weekend. I have the 1.5" shackles and add-a-leaf in the rear with the TT and I love the ride. I bought the shocks through Tire Rack for less than $30 a piece. I would definately recommend them. I have also read alot of positive comments...
  7. B

ABS Light Question

Alright, Thanks :)
  8. B

ABS Light Question

I had the battery disconnected during the switch and I did plug in both new sensors;). So is the truck just going through a learning mode right now? I have only driven it twice since I replaced the hubs.
  9. B

ABS Light Question

The ABS light came on about 2 weeks ago and I was having bearing type noise coming from the front so I replaced both front wheel hubs. Yesterday I hopped in the truck and when I started it up the ABS light stayed on. I drove to the store (abs light on the whole way), parked and shut off the...
  10. B

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

As I said in the other thread the truck looks nice and clean. Looking forward to following your progress:popcorn:
  11. B

I am now elite, figured that was the problem:D, now I am going to be subsribing to your registry.
  12. B

Paraphoe's 97 XLT

Man, your truck is definitely one of my favorites on this board. :thumbsup: Well done.
  13. B

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

After all the information I have been able to find on this site over the last year and a half I figured it was time to join the elite ranks. :cool:
  14. B

I can't post in your registry. The 2000 looks nice & clean, wish mine had the tow package. Can you take a picture of the gas door once you have it installed:)
  15. B

I just read your RIP thread, that sucks. It looked like you were well on your way to modding your truck. Time to get a new one and start over, glad your ok.
  16. B

That sucks, are you going to be using it as a parts vehicle for your next Explorer?
  17. B

I recently had the ABS light come on and have been having a weird growl/grind/hum coming from the front end so I decided to replace the front hub assemblies. Once I got the truck into the garage and on 4 jack stands I figured why just do the wheel hubs, may as well do some maintenance so I...
  18. B

Jet Chip

I have the Jet Power Programmer for my 98 and have to say the only good thing about it is the code reading abilities. I don't think the "Power Programming" really does anything. You would be better off buying the SCT programmer that alot of people on here are running.
  19. B

transmission help please

I was having issues with my 5r55e transmission and I bought a rebuilt/upgraded valve body from http://www.centralvalvebodies.com/ this was about a year ago. At that time there was a discount for members of the forum and the guy was awesome to deal with. I got the valve body, installed it along...
  20. B

Driverside Clunk

How are your swaybar and end-link bushings? Sorry missed the line in your post regarding the new bushings.
  21. B

Cold morning Start and idle issues

My 98 Explorer has the SOHC and I was having some cold start/idle issues. When I would fire the truck up in the morning the idle would spike and then the idle would fluctuate. I didn't have any codes or engine light. I replaced my intake gaskets and the difference is night and day, the truck...
  22. B

5R55E - Code P0741

After reading some posts regarding 800700tran.com I decided to spend the extra $ and buy a rebuilt VB from Donnie at www.centralvalvebodies.com I mentioned that I was a member of this forum and got the VB for $229.99, this comes with a new EPC solenoid and Sonnax updates. I should have it by...
  23. B

5R55E - Code P0741

Hello, I recently got the flashing OD light :mad: on my way home the other night. I scanned the truck and got code P0741. I cleared the code and went and got the tranny system flushed, on my way home from the flush I got the flashing light again (scanned and came up with the same code). Even...
  24. B

HELP!! Leaf spring help- I need leaf spring help.... everybody chip in on this one

I made the same dimension shackles as you and installed them this morning (I don't have a tow hitch). I had previously installed the ProComp AAL and I only gained approx 1 to 1.25" of lift from them, I gained another 1.5" of lift from the shackles. How much does your rear end sag? The...
Back