Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

power seat doesn't move

Aloha, I did notice rust on the two screws. I put WD40 on it also. Got to try that push method. Thanks. Mike 92 EB
  2. M

power seat doesn't move

Aloha, There appears to be power to the motors under the seat because the motors will move slightly and stop. I pulled apart the switch and there is power. I even lubed the screw type rod on motor. Mike 92 EB
  3. M

power seat doesn't move

Aloha, My passenger side power seat doesn't move forward or back. It moves up and down though. I checked the power to the switch and there is. Sometimes the seat will move a millimeter forward or back and that's it. Any suggestions. Mike 1992 EB
  4. M

Gas Gauge

msupertek, I did the check you described on my 92 Eb and it worked. The fuel needle moved to full then back to empty. I checked the ohms on sending unit, showed 15 ohms. True because I ran the EB for 230 miles since last fill up. SO I guess it is the brass float? Mike 92 EB
  5. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, The cheapest on the island was $140 plus $35 core charge. Lifetime warranty is nice. Starts like a champ every time. Mike 92 EB
  6. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, Checked the solenoid with a check light on both terminals and they had power. Checked if there is power going to the starter and there is. Used the "backyard mechanic technique" and hit the starter with a hammer and quess what...it started. Turned it off and tried to start...
  7. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, Does the key need to be on? Mike 92 EB
  8. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, I checked the valve and I DO have gas coming out of it. I DO have a whine when I turn the key on from the gas tank. How do I test the starter solenoid? Starter? without pulling out the starter? Mike 92 EB
  9. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, What valve is that? Mike 92 EB
  10. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, Been working on it myself. When get someone to lend a helping ear, then I'll try that. Mike 92 EB
  11. M

removal of one stock muffler ?s

ALoha, Or if you like chance'um to Ranch beach. Mike 92 EB
  12. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, When I turn the key, all i get is a tick, just one tick. Mike 92 EB
  13. M

ALoha, I changed the "puka" muffler and put on some generic freeflowing one from an aftermarket shop. Runs like a champ now. Not noisy either. Some power increase to. Mike 92 EB
  14. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, I did try jumping it with another car. Didn't seem to make any difference. Mike 92 EB
  15. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, Checked the battery with Sears and it is good. Cleaned the terminals on battery , starter, and thing on fenderwell. Still no luck starting. Mahalo, Mike
  16. M

Won't start 92 EB

Aloha, I tried to start when hot and it won't, ok when cold. Know it won't start. Just get a clicking noise. Help. Mike 92 EB
  17. M

Aloha, Solid Explorer. I miss honolulu. Maui is been good though. Mahalo for the welcome. Latahz Mike
  18. M

Aloha, Sooner or later. Probably later than sooner actually. Same boat here, enough problems with it being on road let alone off road. Mahalo, Mike
  19. M

Aloha, There aren't places like the Rubicon. On Maui, we do have a few great places but the most of the land in those places are privately owned or is owned by the State and there are huge locks on the gates. I am fortune enough to know some people with the keys or who has given...
  20. M

Aloha, Yup, sure do. Not to many places to go 4wheeling though. We used to be able to go on certain beaches but now its illegal. Mahalo, Mike
  21. M

Aloha, Excellent. I had forgotten about that O2 sensor. I wouldn't want poor gas mileage or any other problem down the line due to removal of the muffler or resonator. Thanks for the help. Weather is 87 degrees with 15-20mph winds, sunny with 75% humidity. Thats what the weather...
  22. M

Aloha, Being in Hawaii we have no stringent emmission control. So we can get away without a cat, I do know that it is harmful to the environment too. That is how I bought it. But the second muffler looking one is a resonator. O.K. so I can pull that one but I should replace the...
  23. M

Aloha, I wanted to remove one of the mufflers (the front one) because of a hole in it. I wanted to remove the muffler and put in a straight pipe. Leave the secondary muffler. I already put a straight pipe in place of the cat already. Mahalo, Mike 1992 EB
  24. M

White smoke from A/C vents

Aloha, Today I was driving and could smell antifreeze. Pulled over smelled like it was coming from my EB. Drove around more and noticed white smoke coming out of the A/C vent and it was smelling like antifreeze. Anyone know about this and how to fix? Mahalo, Mike 1992 EB
  25. M

A/C system dead?

MIne too Aloha, That was the same thing that mine was doing. Low freon was the answer. You might have a leak. Could be from the dryer, new fittings (blue or red), or condensor(look for rocks and oil). Good luck. Mike
Back