Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Trans slipping after new modulator?!?

Wife's explorer was running good except the infamous pinging. Searched this wonderful website, checked everything mentioned, still pinging. Pulled a vac line off the back of the intake, and, get tranny fluid running out. Go to Autozone, get new modulator, curse, install, curse some more, and go...
  2. R

Problems with my '94 Explorer

Update on my 94 POS. Chged the neutral pressure switch, didn't help. Still have CEL 57. Guess it must be the or Circuit failed in Neutral position, or Octane adjust service pin installed. Damn Ford. Would anybody have ANY ideas why I can put the X in gear w/o pressing the brake? :confused...
  3. R

Problems with my '94 Explorer

TMB, I also have a 94 POS, and getting codes 57 and 58. I replaced the IAC with one off my '88 Mustang (same piece, just electrical connector is rotated). The 58 CEL went away. Can you put your X in gear w/o pressing the brake? I have been able to do that since my 57 code came up. I was going to...
  4. R

94 4X4 explorer brakes

got mine at NAPA also, 30 freaken dollars:( r/t
  5. R

weird headlight problem yesterday

the wife started the X to warm it up yesterday morning and the headlights came right on. she checked the switch and it was still off. she went ahead and pulled the switch on and drove to work. when she got to work, she was able to shut the lights off normally. I can't see how there would be a...
  6. R

IAC check ?

thanks ssikora....hopefully it does it for me again soon
  7. R

IAC check ?

There was kind of a ticking, popping noise. Brief and loud. Actually kinda sounded like an injector. Went away before I could do the "screw driver to ear" test on the IAC itself. I would still like to know how far this thing is supposed to travel. Thanks. r/t
  8. R

IAC check ?

I read on another thread to check the IAC by removing it and turning the key to the on position. I did this, mine moved, but, not very much. It moved maybe 1/8". Does anybody know about how far the plunger should move? Thanks r/t
  9. R

What is this?

that's ok....you don't have to do that, I think you told me enough. I don't think that's going to get me anywhere though. Thanks Robb
  10. R

What is this?

sorry.....just gotta know, what does PFE stand for. Thanks again
  11. R

What is this?

On my 94 X, there is part on a bracket just below the IAC. It has two hoses running from it to the EGR tube. On the part, by the front hose, it has REF. Anybody know what this part does? Thanks
  12. R

RUNNING RICH.....AGAIN

the Intake Air Temp sensor is towards the back of the intake right? I think I'm checking the right one and I'm getting 0 on the sensor AND on the wire side....hmmm. thing that worries me is the 0 on the wire side. shouldn't there be something there. I know it's running rich cause I'm getting...
  13. R

RUNNING RICH.....AGAIN

fordkrazy - I can't be positive if it is the correct computer, but, she ran excellent (after the computer was changed) till 1 1/2 wks ago. It is doing the exact same thing it did last time. So, what I'm thinking is, something is killing the computer. I heard there was a check where you remove...
  14. R

Injector ohms?

Oops....low battery in the meter. Big difference, all injectors are 18. Thanks
  15. R

Injector ohms?

Can someone tell me what the ohms would be for good injectors? Mine are running 6 ohms on the injector and 30 on the wire side. Thanks in advance.
  16. R

RUNNING RICH.....AGAIN

asp84 - I haven't checked the TPS voltage yet. The X always gets garaged @ night. howard - I have checked the fluid level and it is OVER full. I have never put any additional fluid in. I guess I'll be checking some vac lines this weekend :mad: Thanks for the sugs so far
  17. R

RUNNING RICH.....AGAIN

just a little background info- 94 Limited-running rich a couple months ago and replaced: FPR MAF O2 Sensors tightened intake bolts, tryed to replace fuel filter (couldn't get front...
  18. R

radius arm bushings

just replaced them on my '94 a week ago. I ground the heads off the rivets. loosened all the bolts. put a chisel between the radius arm bracket and the frame. this seperated the bracket and the "back" rivet. removed all bolts. then, you can just wiggle the bracket off the "front" rivet. grind...
  19. R

Slotted or cross drilled roters..?

My wife's Avenger went through 3 pairs of front rotors, in 20k miles! Called to have the fronts replaced that third time and the tech told me they were not covered any longer. Oh well....I was tired of those POS anyway. Bought the "slotted" and "dimpled" for $100 (for both). You don't want the...
  20. R

Slotted or cross drilled roters..?

VERY worth it. Put some on the wife's Avenger, made a big difference. Got mine from raceconcepts on EBAY. If your rotors are not listed, just e-mail them. He will get your application. www.raceconcepts.net
  21. R

Does anyone use Oil additives?

I don't use an "additive", I use what Lucas Oil calls a "stabalizer". Use one quart of this in place of a "regular" quart of oil in the street vehicles. Use Lucas Oil products in the race cars though. REALLY good stuff. Autozone has started carrying it.
  22. R

Good looking O2.........

Anybody know what a good O2 looks like? Out of curiosity, I pulled my recently replaced O2's out to see what they looked like. Shocked me when they were a burnt orangeish, redish. Better than sooty...I guess;) Thanks
  23. R

running rough!!!

There was no other work done to it except changing the oil at the time. This all started with the X "lunging" at stop lights. Then it was running real rich. And that started the dumping of the money.
  24. R

running rough!!!

UPDATE #2.... Thanks to everyone on this board for helping with my problem, even if you didn't respond. I found other threads that helped in this journey. I finally broke down last week and bought a new computer (per my tech's advice). Installed it on Tues. Ran it around for 20-30 miles...
  25. R

running rough!!!

UPDATE....... changed the FPR on Friday 8/2. Took the Neg. battery cable off over night. Ran it the next day, and, it ran like a new vehicle again. Until, about 10 miles later got a CEL. In that 10 miles, I went and filled up the tank. I haven't been able to get the CEL's checked yet...
Back